Excessive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Our tip has big signs up saying you can't fish stuff out of the dumpster- it's theft - or take stuff left in the big cages either.

Yet that Sarah Moore lass (confession I had to google her name) is regularly filmed intercepting stuff destined for landfill and gets away scott free?

AuroraSaab

Veteran
She does lol. They've filmed that at my tip on occasion. They put a sign up saying you might be filmed but I've never seen the cameras. Presume it's all set up beforehand and made to look spontaneous.

I think if you can intercept the item and ask to have it before they hoof it over the wall you might be ok. The tip guy told me the staff weren't allowed to even do that though.

irw

Quadricyclist
Went for a ride this morning and decided it might be summery enough to risk the path going round the back of the Airport
Problems with it is that it gets very overgrown with brambles later in the summer - and there are long stretches that can be 6-12 inches deep in mud even in dry spells - hence in winter it is impassable on a bike unless you are really crazy and love washing bikes!

Anyway the whole route was clear - and only one area with any mud and someone has beaten a path through the undergrowth around that but - which helps

I also didn't even take a jumper with me - just hi-vis jacket and a t-shirt. I got too hot after a bit and did the rest of the ride in just a t-shirt!!
Oh - and trousers etc - clearly

actually I could have done with breaking out the shorts - which also helps with climate change due to the sudden increase in sunlight being reflected back into space!

Assuming you mean the path round Liverpool Airport, me and a friend decided to try that a few weeks ago, from the Garston end, as a bit of a fact finding exercise to see how trailer/pram friendly it is (spoiler, it's not at all!)...we didn't even make it to the end of the lighting gantry that sticks out into the river it was that muddy- I'd gone out on Mrs. IRW's electric bike to test the battery range, and literally couldn't even push it through the mud!

Last edited:
Assuming you mean the path round Liverpool Airport, me and a friend decided to try that a few weeks ago, from the Garston end, as a bit of a fact finding exercise to see how trailer/pram friendly it is (spoiler, it's not at all!)...we didn't even make it to the end of the lighting gantry that sticks out into the river it was that muddy- I'd gone out on Mrs. IRW's electric bike to test the battery range, and literally couldn't even push it through the mud!
Yup - that's the one. And the mud is why I haven't been near it for over 6 months. There are actually 2 paths - the one along the shore is pretty much impassible at one point due to a massive mud patch - made worse by the passage of 4WD - or was when I tried it.
The path higher up has a mud patch at the same point - but it is generall more passable. But really only for a bike - not anything witha trailer or 3 wheels or anything. There are also 3-4 places where there is a near vertical section with steps of variable quality. I pretty much end up pushing my ebike up a few inches at a time. But if an old fat bloke can get an ebike round it then most people who cycle should be able to get a bike round it - in dry weather!!

Top Bottom