excuse me While I wet myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Harsh - he wasn't an Astana rider then.

However, without opening another debate, he was a disco one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good for Prudhomme I say. It sends out a tough message which is what is needed right now even if there is a bit of collateral damage.
Shame Leipheimer won't be there though he was such a fine time trialist every so often:evil::smile:

vbc

Have I missed something here...has Contador failed a drug test or missed several tests or broken any rules, has he head butted someone in a sprint finish.

Oh silly me...they've legalized guilt by association again haven't they? I see a big bunch of law suits on the horizon.

yenrod

I didnt really believe the gouge of damage last year was sooo massive: the yellow jersey always defends his prize.

..but common sense previals here and thankbloodygod ! - Though europeans have quite alot instead of going for the vain drama shoot of the yanks/brit scenarios.

I feel, obviously, that sdtdf want a total fresh start and excluding Astana is a brilliant move and wouldnt be surprised if more where not allowed.

The moral high-ground has to prevail ! - Otherwise cycling will just reverberate along that big deep trench its in at the moment.

Tynan

Veteran
frogs all clean now then?

Keith Oates

Janner
Yet again ASO showing the world that they alone can run cycling and no one else should interfere. The present Astana team have nothing to do with the people who caused the problem last year and this is only an excuse to yet again get one over the UCI. Rudehomme and his bunch are sad.

Dave5N

Über Member
Same excuse T-Mob used last year Keith. And look what happened.

And it is Bruyneel, innit.

I reckon there's a bit of score settling, a bit of CP showing everyone who's boss, a bit of line drawing, and a lot of muscle flexing.

All good stuff IMHO

mondobongo

Über Member
Looks like only 2 out of 3 though as Unipublic will allow Astana to ride in the Vuelta at the moment. However rumours are circulating that ASO may be about to take over the organisation of the Vuelta.

See the UCI are being diplomatic once again;

ASO's decision is certain to bring it back into conflict with the International Cycling Union, whose president, Pat McQuaid, said last week that there was "no reason not to invite Astana to the Tour de France". Astana are part of the UCI ProTour, which is supposed to guarantee sponsors a place in big races. "It's ASO's choice," said McQuaid. "They either follow the rules of the UCI or get out of the UCI."

Am sure ASO are trembling in their boots seriously is this the best argument that the sport's ruling body can come up with?

Keith Oates

Janner
ASO are blaming the riders, the teams and the UCI for bringing the sport into disrepute when it's ASO who are the main culprits now with their 'I am the mighty one of cycling and no internationally elected committee can tell me what to do'. It's strange why Astana are banned because of last year but not Cofidis, Rabobank and High Life as well. They must be running scared that Bruynee may yet again produce a team that will prevent any Frenchman for winning the TdF for another 7 years. If the other teams were really sportsmen they would boycott the TdF and ASO en masse, it seems to me that the people who are influencing cycling are not really interested in the sport only their own egos. Why does this remind me of the fuzzy grey headed American who is involved in boxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom