Excuse me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ianrauk said:
"TODAY I'M A VOLVO" Is what you should have shouted

Quality Ian!!

Gaz, are you calling tdr1nka a nob for having his lights on?

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My response (at least when I slow down or stop long enough to reply to anyone) would be "if they bother you, then don't look directly at them, you idiot!".

In other words, I have yet to see any bicycle light that impairs someone's vision when only viewed peripherally. But if you find any, please let me know; I'm always keen to try better ones! :whistle:

Regards,

--- Victor.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays is still using his Ay-up's even though its light both ways now. Me I can't be bothered with the faff of putting lights on and off each time you lock up the bike. But I frequently get that comment in winter time even though all my commutes are in daylight.

Ignore the village idiot ... its up to you to decide if you want to run with your lights on.

Tynan

Veteran
I can only assume that the lights caught him and dazzled him

I have mine a perhaps a tad high and get the odd flash of lights from cars

Fine line though i think between being considerate and reducing effectiveness, I'm quite sure they make a difference even on the brightest day, if they're bright/intense enough natch

GrasB

Veteran
snorri, some people are idiots though. My partner had one person turn round & catch up to bitch at her for having one of these turned on when it was overcast & kinda dingy. This was on a day that a lot of drivers were driving around with dipped beams on.

Cubist

Still wavin'
My guess is that he is one of those people who think that every ounce of responsibility must be on other road users, rather than on the cyclist themselves. He refuses to have lights on as "It's up to the car drivers to see me, not for me to make myself visible."

These people argued against having m/cycle lights on for the same purpose, and believe that eventually, because it's a good idea, someone will make it compulsory. He will also argue ad nauseam against hi-viz, flashing lights and so on.

Was he wearing a helmet?:laugh:

Top Bottom