Excuse me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
gouldina said:
I have two competing theories:

1. He was a hardcore green and your wasting electricity drove him into righteous ecological indignation.

2. He was a twat.

beastie said:
I'd go for 2

Agreed

I also use daytime lighting, NiMH or dynamo powered, and even more after dark. I don't really care what anyone else thinks, I intend to be noticed.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Yeah, the guy in the OP may have been a knob, but generally, I'm not a fan of lights during the day. Neither, it seems, are many on here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/

BSRU

A Human Being
As an ex-biker myself, I also used to ride with my lights on during the day. I did some research into having lights on during the day and it made me think carefully about whether or not to have my lights on. If you have lights on it does make you more visible to other road users but the downside is that apparently other road users will have problems judging your speed and hence may pull out in front of you.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I've been using my Exposure Maxx-D on flash during the day, if only because I do a lot of filtering down the offside, and it gets driver attention like nothing else. Quite a few move right over for me.

Apart from this, I'm in two minds about any safety benefit with DRL.

Cubist

Still wavin'
BentMikey said:
That's both rather judgemental and wrong of you, Cubist.
Can't I have a guess at what he's like? Everybody else did and you didn't criticise them:biggrin:

I use a 1 watt LED on flash during the day.

I'm pro-choice, and not into shouting at people to force my opinions on them.

I think he was a prick.

GrasB

Veteran
I never get the problem with sidelights, DRL or dipped beam lights on during the day. In fact I quite like it when people have dipped beams or DRLs on in the middle of summer, generally they cut through a lot of heat haze so you're absolutely sure if the car is heading towards you or away from a long distance.

tdr1nka said:
I have the same commute again next Tuesday, and should I encounter this 'Prince Of Darkness' again, I might just have to have a word in his shell-like. :girl:

Shine yer light in his ear - see if there's a brain in there..............

I would ride with lights on during the day but have you seen the price of acetylene these days?

It's your choice if you want your lights on can't really see what his problem is.

I did have a spell in the 1990's of trying this when I was getting a lot of SMIDSY's.

Top Bottom