EXMOUTH EXODUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Calum said:
It was, worse than 2007? ****ing hell.
The rain was warm in 2007. :smile:

GinsbergBeard

Congrats to alll who took part, it seemed like an adventure to say the least! I bottled it, having never done a century & never done an overnight ride before, so the combination of the two, with freezing cold rain didn't sound ideal for a first timer. See you next time though!

Threelionsbrian

A big well done to all who turned up and took part.

An even bigger thanks to all those that made the ride possible, from catering to rescue a great effort, excellent. Thank you all.

The music for riders swung it, i had to come :rofl:.

Wingnut

Thanks Baggy and Chuffy for stopping and picking up our pal Simon who was the chap on the verge of hypotherma - me and Grizzly plodded on, missed a turn so in the end skipped the pasta stop at north curry, last year we got to exmouth at 7.00am, this year we made it 9.30 (am) by which time you had gone so we couldnt thank you for the whisky at chedder gorge and your all round 'tip topness'. If I hadn't come down from scotland for the ride I would have bailed out before the start, so to all those who did turn up and ride, blinking well done, bunch of hardcore roadies the lot of yer
(Grizzly's 9 year old son Grizzly cub met us near Exmouth and rode in with us at the end, in an outsize stewartry wheelers jersey, tres cool)

I'll knock up a ride report and send some photies across in the next few days, see you all next year!

Wingnut

www.stewartry-wheelers.org

Laser157

I wonder if there were any other fully-fledged OAPs mad enough to do have done this?

I put all the winter gear on at the start and was sweating profusely by Clevedon. Then the serious rain started and I was glad I was prepared for it.

And what rain it was for the next 40miles. Lightning too. Even worse than the Dun Run in 2007. It was so bad it was almost fun.

I was really glad to be doing this ride with Stuart. We met half way through the Exodus last year and this year stayed together for the whole trip. A night when good company made all the difference. Thanks Stuart!

In 2008 we arrived before the cafe was open. This year we took 2 hours longer, but in those conditions it was satisfying just to get there in one piece.

Many thanks to Baggy, Chuffy and Dave - you are stars!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Laser157 said:
I wonder if there were any other fully-fledged OAPs mad enough to do have done this?

There may not have been at the start, but I think a few people had aged by the time the weather had finished with them!

Thanks for coming back and riding again - hope to see you next year :tongue:.

Laser157

Good one baggy! Yes, I hope to be back next time.

BTW what's happened to the EE website? Seems to have disappeared.

cheers

Martin

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Laser157 said:
Good one baggy! Yes, I hope to be back next time.

BTW what's happened to the EE website? Seems to have disappeared.

cheers

Martin
The server that hosted the website and forum was hacked at the weekend. :smile:
Dave has managed to get it up and running again (sort of) so get on and tell us your tales...

Top Bottom