EXMOUTH EXODUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zzpza

anyone else trying to stay up as long as possible in an attempt to timeshift your body's perceived day time hours?

just saw this: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_warnings.html

the met office has issued a weather warning for heavy rain in the south west, with bristol being mentioned. is it too late to buy a kayak?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well ... lets hope they get it wrong like yesterday when it was meant to be dull in Bristol, and damp. Apparently it was in Thornbury (7 miles north of here), meanwhile I went out assuming that was the weather and managed to get burnt as I hadn't realised there was going to be sun most of the day.

I hope Metcheck is wrong for todays weather - for Bristol - it seems to be suggesting 70 mm of rain - for today going into the night. I supposed to be going with friends and kids along the river - and can hear the moans starting already.

johnnyh

Veteran
it's been hammering down in Frome, the perception that I am mad has now been confirmed apparently :thumbsup:

Think I might go invest in some waterproof over trousers, a life jacket and a flare gun!

snakehips

Excellent , looks like the lousy weather has started early , it could be all over by this evening.
Hopefully see you all later

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Thunder and lighening stopped in Exeter, as has the torrential rain.
Just left with a light drizzle and plenty of surface water.
I`m beginning to wish I had mudguards fitted now.

snakehips

snakehips said:
Hopefully see you all later

But then again , no.

Sad to say that my cycling companion has just reported a debilitating condition which means that he , and therefore I , will not be taking part tonight.

Frustrating as the sun has just started to make its presence felt here in London.

I hope everybody has a safe and enjoyable night , and I look forward to reading your reports.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

GrahamG

Guru
Threelionsbrian said:
very dark here now, any update on that bridge problem? The rain will wash the cobwebs off my waterproof gear :smile:.

Bridge is easily passable although technically still closed. The route sheet will have an optional detour I believe.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well after abandoning my cycle ride today (two other families pulled out), the weather hasn't been too bad:

1zqu49e.jpg

Its dry, gentle breeze but not that warm here at the moment.

zzpza

the met office have upgraded their weather warning from yellow to orange.
====
Headline:

Cold with heavy rain for much of the region today.
Today:

Cold with persistent heavy rain leading to a risk of localised flooding, especially across Devon, Cornwall and Gloucestershire. Eastern parts of Dorset and Wiltshire are likely to miss the worst, and later brighter conditions with showers will reach Cornwall. Maximum temperature 13 °C.
Tonight:

Very heavy rain will gradually transfer northwards to cover the northern half of the region by the end of the night. Broken cloud and showers following to the south. Minimum temperature 7 °C.
Sunday:

Heavy rain across the far north at first, clearing away north through the morning. Then becoming brighter with sunny intervals but also scattered showers, some heavy, particularly in the east. Maximum temperature 15 °C.
Updated: 0416 on Sat 6 Jun 2009
====

i've been looking on a few webcams and i can't see any rain, but doubt i would be able to anyway...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/travel/jamcams/

Top Bottom