EXMOUTH EXODUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
it'll be my first 100 miles too, but I have done a few 50's and the Isle of Wight and so on. I reckon it'll be a case of just pacing it and I am sure riding with others will make it easier too.

Doing it on my cheap and cheerful Carrera Virtuoso, complete now with a pannier rack and trunk bag so I can carry some warm clothes :evil: All booked up for trains to get back too.

GrahamG

Guru
Guys, it's a nice social and easy paced ride (unless of course you want to race it - I've a colleague who did that one year and ended up outside the cafe at 4.30am!) so it's fairly easy to moderate the pace. Food stop halfway is great, a welcome respite, as are the tea stops - just remember the coinage to donate towards costs!

I averaged about 12mph last year, and that's not including breaks if that's a helpful indicator.

GrahamG

Guru
Apparently it used to be around those with the best lights, but seeing as quality lights are a bit cheaper and more common nowadays then the Haribo rule may come into play. xx(

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
GrahamG said:
Guys, it's a nice social and easy paced ride (unless of course you want to race it - I've a colleague who did that one year and ended up outside the cafe at 4.30am!) so it's fairly easy to moderate the pace. Food stop halfway is great, a welcome respite, as are the tea stops - just remember the coinage to donate towards costs!
The cafe opens at 6am this year (an hour earlier than last year) and it's going to be chilly on the beach. Race it at your own peril!

GrahamG

Guru
Looks like the weather is just too changeable to pin down a forecast for longer than 12 hours! Now looking at slightly higher temperatures and slight chance of rain.

johnnyh

Veteran
I am resigned to getting wet :tongue:

so what is the best way to navigate the route? I am guessing reading the route notes at night is gonna be tricky.... any thoughts?

zzpza

i have a garmin edge (bike gps) i'm going to plot the route in.

other wise i guess it's either follow the route sheet or follow the crowd!

GrahamG

Guru
I know the route as far as Cheddar, then it's route sheet on bars and a head torch to read them with (had neither last year, made a mental note not to repeat that error).

Top Bottom