Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
No symptoms at all for me but I've probably had COVID already. I've already got the antibodies in my blood stream to fight a weakened virus.

Dwn

Got the AZ jab on Monday and that night I had a pretty broken sleep because of high temperature - felt tired the next day, although cycled and mended shed roof so it wasn’t too bad.

The whole process was very efficient, although slightly surprised that there were no id checks - which was just as well, since I’d forgotten to bring any.

Julia9054

Guru
Had mine Wednesday (AZ). Slightly sore to the touch arm Thursday afternoon, not enough to need paracetamol. Feel fine today.
I suppose it's the usual thing where the vast majority who have no effects don't post and the ones who do, tend to post.
My friend has his coming up next week. He's quite needle phobic, has never had a vaccination before as his parents didn't believe in that sort of thing and the more people go on about side effects the more likely he is to bolt. We need more "I was completely fine" stories. Not really sure what I can do to help since I can't go in and hold his hand.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Had AZ last Saturday.

Slightly sore arm, no other symptoms.

And i had 'booked' myself a couple of days grace in case I felt mouldy.

No show:smile:

I'm wondering if i could possibly have 'deferred' reaction next Monday so as to get a longer weekend??

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fantastic process at the Tennis Centre at Etihad. No side effects yet. Slightly sore arm but on inside of elbow joint which could actually be from the 20 mile round trip off road on a rigid MTB. Enjoyed the ride. Probably good to exercise after the jab.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had the AZ vaccine five weeks ago due to being in the "clinically extremely vulnerable " group. I had absolutely no side effects, not even a faintly tender arm. I did wonder if the nurse forgot to load the syringe. The only drama was hitting a patch of ice when riding back from the injection, and ending up sprawled on the tarmac with a bloodied knee. Even that didn't hurt.

Chislenko

Veteran
I had my first one three weeks ago, no symptoms at all.

It was remarkably quick, someone was waiting and asked me if I'd come for the jab as I approached and directed me in when I said yes. I hadn't even had to break stride, then the nurse got my details on the screen as I was taking my jacket off and administered the dose while I was still standing.

About two minutes from arrival to leaving.

It must vary from place to place Joe, I had to fill in a form with health details, drugs being taken etc then got a 10 minute disclaimer type talk from a nurse.

She must have been sick to death of repeating the same thing over and over to a load of people just nodding their heads thinking to themselves "just let me go for the jab, I've heard all this on the news"

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Pfizer for me, end of February - no reation at all. Same for my mum & stepfather
By contrast, my sister had the Astra Zenica the week before me and needed a couple of days off work with bad, flu like symptons.
First dose for all of us.

Top Bottom