Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
...........but if that's you in your avatar, you do realise you've turned green? :laugh:

Ah yes, but I've been green for years. Can't blame the jab.:laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
AZ
Felt like a hangover the next day , mrs ck arm swelled up a bit and was tender for days , someone in the cycle club has a workmate that was off work for weeks afterwards

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Slightly sore at injection site (nothing much TBH) and a bit achy and stiff all over, but as I said earlier, it's probably the 20 miles riding to and from the Vaccine Centre getting shaken to bits off road on a rigid MTB :laugh:

Just been AZ'd. I've been told to take things easy tomorrow - so probably will. Made sure I got some good cycling running and walking in today...

a.twiddler

Veteran
I'm glad to hear most posters have had a positive experience. @cybernight mentions that someone in the cycle club has a workmate that was off work for weeks afterwards. Somebody, somewhere will have had a bad reaction, after all 50% of the population been vaccinated, but it will have been an infinitesimally minute proportion of the people who have had the vaccinations. For most people, aches, pains and a mild temperature are the worst that might be expected, lasting a day or two. It must be vanishingly rare for something to develop that needs longer to recover from.

If someone has direct experience themselves it would be interesting to hear about it. There is a yellow card system which allows medical practitioners and pharmacists to document any adverse effects and build up a database. This applies to all medications, not just this one.

It is easy for fears to get out of proportion via for example social media when people repeat what they've heard without checking. I don't think many people are thrilled about the prospect of being poked with a needle, but most accept it as being a necessary evil, the state of the technology today and the lesser of two evils.

I hope that posters' experiences on here will help to reassure those who have qualms, or just don't like needles, and have not yet had it.

Drago

Legendary Member
For most people, aches, pains and a mild temperature are the worst that might be expected, lasting a day or two. It must be vanishingly rare for something to develop that needs longer to recover from.

Well, you say that and then the very next poster had to rain on that parade.

Pfizer jab. Mrs D and I both had it on the 26th February.

Mrs D - slightly sore arm, otherwise no issues.

Me - next day my knees and elbows ached terribly, so bad that as I hobbled round the village walking the dog a total stranger stopped and asked of I was ok.

Day 2 I had a crushing headache.

Days 3, 4 and 5 I was fatigued beyond belief, and at its peak had to put real effort into even lifting my arms.

Days 6 and 7 the fatique passed, but it was still another day or so before I felt completely tip top and normal.

9 days in all before I was back to spec.

Interestingly, my Dad, who shares 50% of my genetic heritage, had a similar experience, although he perked up a day or so quicker than I did.

I take it as a sign that the witchcraft is now well into my system. I hope. Second dose is reported to give more intense side effects than the first, so Im clenching my buttocks with anticipation. Nevertheless, as unpleasant as it was it was hardly the end of the world - I could still move about and look after myself and stumble through daily life ok.

But whatever, I would still far rather go through that than have covid, thank you very much.

Last edited:

a.twiddler

Veteran
That was pretty grim @Drago. The more people report their experiences, the more idea we will have of what might be the likely effects. As you say, second time round could be lying in wait to chastise me for getting off lightly the first time. I hope not. In the past I've not suffered too badly after vaccinations, but potentially they're all different. Hopefully your next one will be a less buttock clenching experience.

classic33

Leg End Member
That was pretty grim @Drago. The more people report their experiences, the more idea we will have of what might be the likely effects. As you say, second time round could be lying in wait to chastise me for getting off lightly the first time. I hope not. In the past I've not suffered too badly after vaccinations, but potentially they're all different. Hopefully your next one will be a less buttock clenching experience.
I got mine given in the right shoulder, not the buttocks!

Top Bottom