Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Joint pain or muscle ache

Votes: 28 19.4%
  • Lasted 24-48 hours

Votes: 47 32.6%
  • Lasted a few days

Votes: 14 9.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
AZ - 1st jab, aching joints for a couple of days accompanied by a feeling of hot and cold flushes, but no temperature or headache. Wife had the Pfizer vaccine 1st jab and felt fine afterwards .... accused me of being a ‘wuss’ but we all know that’s simply not true - more live vaccine in the AZ one more likely :whistle:

AZ 1 - nowt at all. Just had AZ 2, all good so far.
Edit: still good 24hrs on.:okay:

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I had the AZ1 yesterday and I've been in pain since about 8pm last night... significant joint pain, my back and legs also feel like I've pulled every muscle, I couldn't sleep last night as I just couldn't lie in a position that didn't hurt.

postman

Legendary Member
I had my second one yesterday,and today it's turned me into Alan Titchmarch,i have been a whiz in the garden.Edged the lawn,cut the lawn,then weeded the rubbish border.Hard grey clay soil.what a good job.Tomorrow i have a go at next doors garden.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
My arm swolled up and then fell off.

It grew back again so no worries.

Ah you had the Lizard vector virus method.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Oxford* Astra Zenica for me two weeks ago. Expertly and painlessly administered, with zero side effects.

(*When did we drop the Oxford part? Was it when everyone was getting twitchy about the clotting?)

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Had AZ on the 23/3, had mild flu-like symptoms or three days. On the Friday, went on a short bike ride and my gawd...it really knackered me. Lost my appetite, felt a bit sick & spent most of Saturday on the couch watching telly. Ex partner reported feeling as weak as a doormouse for several days, must be what 'long covid' is like.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Experience, if we can widen the subject (?) at the Vaccination centre was good.
I sat waiting in a cavernous room surrounded by geriatrics, on a very windy, bitterly cold, day, with the front door and a side door both left wide open for that full wind tunnel effect. I asked one of the staff whether this level of 'ventilation' was really a smart move, given the number of frail wrinklies around, many ill-clad and visibly suffering. Needless to say, that was what they'd been told to do so that was what they were doing. The jab itself was no big deal, but I'd be surprised if a fair number of those attending didn't leave with a healthy dose of pneumonia to go with their armful.

markemark

Über Member
I and a lot of other people in the similar age group (<50) have had OAZ and similar results. Felt a bit funny for a few hours around 12-24 after the jab. For most I have spoken to it’s like a really bad cold coming on that never actually does and goes away after a few hours, usually with a paracetamol to help.

Top Bottom