Experiences with Tern Castro models?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
can anyone cite an example of a brompton breaking?
Pictures would be helpful.

I can, but I have no pictures.

Guy I work with had a brand new (i.e. < one month old) Brompton snap at the head tube.

I never saw the bike (or pictures) but from what he said I think it may have been where it's brazed.

He was offered an 6-speed SL as a replacement, but dithered too much as he didn't like any of the colours. And now they're no longer available.

I think he was given a new T-line. Even though he claims it's a standard 4-speed, when I picked it up, it feels about half the weight of my steel 6-speed. It could be a standard P-line, but I think they may have snuck him a super-special one to avoid a PR nightmare.

Last edited:

berlinonaut

Veteran
I think he was given a new T-line. Even though he claims it's a standard 4-speed, when I picked it up, it feels about half the weight of my steel 6-speed. It could be a standard P-line, but I think they may have snuck him a super-special one to avoid a PR nightmare.
If it has a no color grey metal surface, a black carbon fork and way thicker tubing than normal on the. main frame along with different hinges and a different stem it is a T-Line, else it'a a P-Line. I'm a bit surprised that you are in doubt which of the two you touched - they are way different beasts and you would recognize a T-line immediately by the looks, especially if you own a Brompton yourself.

Here you see the two side by side:

IMG_9166.jpeg

Kell

Veteran
While I knew the older models (like mine) almost inside out. I genuinely couldn't pick one from the other out of the current line up.

And I've only ever seen his (and picked it up) folded.

Top Bottom