External Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

Got a Ravemen 1600 light that will take an external battery pack, connected via USB lead. When in this mode, light can run up to 800 lumens - not sure what watts or amps that would be.

Can anybody recommend a battery that can be used as a power source to extend the life of the main light? Most USB external 'powerbank' type batteries are designed for phones and the like, and can't deliver the power demands of a torch. At a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance.

Got a Ravemen 1600 light that will take an external battery pack, connected via USB lead. When in this mode, light can run up to 800 lumens - not sure what watts or amps that would be.

Can anybody recommend a battery that can be used as a power source to extend the life of the main light? Most USB external 'powerbank' type batteries are designed for phones and the like, and can't deliver the power demands of a torch. At a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance.
does'nt the shop where you bought the light from offer it? Officially usb 1 and 2 only can supply 500 miliamps, up to 900 for usb 3.0 however most powerbanks deliver or i should say have at least one port with the option to deliver 2000, so the first question is really how much power does you light needs to get from your battery pack to work with 800 lumens?

So i got curios and googled this model, according to this review: https://road.cc/content/review/267368-ravemen-pr1600-front-light it can be charged over usb and can deliver power to other usb devices but nothing about an extra required battery pack for 800lumen, whats more the maximum output is 1600 lumen. If you looking to charge it because for example you need the highest beam a lot, you can attach an external battery but with what i have read so far a powerbank would be just fine. These are cheap, small and easy to get an bigger battery would take on more space, and would'nt be able to charge your light faster as that is limited by the light more than the external battery and/or powerbank.

figbat

Slippery scientist
From the user manual
2011FF70-58B7-4394-AC2C-7FAC81EB220E.jpeg

The USB-C port is used for charging the internal battery. An external battery pack can be used for charging the internal battery. If the internal battery is flat then it will obviously ‘pass-through’ from an external battery. So, any decent power pack should do it.

OP
OP
chris-suffolk

chris-suffolk

So i got curios and googled this model, according to this review: https://road.cc/content/review/267368-ravemen-pr1600-front-light it can be charged over usb and can deliver power to other usb devices but nothing about an extra required battery pack for 800lumen, whats more the maximum output is 1600 lumen. If you looking to charge it because for example you need the highest beam a lot, you can attach an external battery but with what i have read so far a powerbank would be just fine. These are cheap, small and easy to get an bigger battery would take on more space, and would'nt be able to charge your light faster as that is limited by the light more than the external battery and/or powerbank.
Thanks,

Not looking to charge it on the go, but rather extend it's life (albeit at 800 lumens) should I run out of juice before getting back. Powerbank should be the way to go, just need to find one that will work when I test it out at home before relying on it for real.

Top Bottom