Extra Eyes - safe roads partnership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Evening all,
after a few years of relatively incident free cycling I encountered two complete 🤬😡 on the roads recently. Firstly, a delivery van not giving way to me (driving directly at me) with parked cars on his side of the road, then ranting that I should wait for him. The second one was a pass so close I could have checked my reflection in the wing mirror! I remember being told about ‘Extra Eyes’, an Essex incentive where you upload footage for the police (or an ‘experienced officer’) to review. I run cameras anyway so thought I’d give it a go. First van incident, I’m emailed back within 48 hours to say they are ‘proceeding with the case’ and the driver has been offered a conditional offer, or a course at their own expense. Close pass has resulted in a conditional offer, again dealt with very promptly.
It does look like Essex is taking a firm view on dangerous (or careless in this case) driving. It’s really quite empowering knowing that these drivers may well be held responsible for their driving as they drive off into the sunset.
Just sharing my experience and would encourage others to use whatever their police service has put in place - it’s really worth it (in my experience!).

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Amen !

I reported this clown yesterday evening, and this morning I'm told the registered keeper will get a warning or a prosecution.

Sadly I won't know which, unless he disputes it and it goes to court, but given how keen Avon & Somerset are to send out NIPs and send people on courses or fine them, I would lay a fiver on prosecution rather than warning.

View: https://youtu.be/_nI9_SIi51w

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

Amen !

I reported this clown yesterday evening, and this morning I'm told the registered keeper will get a warning or a prosecution.

Sadly I won't know which, unless he disputes it and it goes to court, but given how keen Avon & Somerset are to send out NIPs and send people on courses or fine them, I would lay a fiver on prosecution rather than warning.

View: https://youtu.be/_nI9_SIi51w

yep - let’s hope so!! Just out of interest, do A&S police require you not to post on social media? I know Essex do.

Drago

Legendary Member
28 day licence suspension if I were in charge (and one day I surely will be).

yep - let’s hope so!! Just out of interest, do A&S police require you not to post on social media? I know Essex do.

Although plenty of farces what up video clips of motoring offences sub judice. Local chipwrappers are common homes for such japes and levity.

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

28 day licence suspension if I were in charge (and one day I surely will be).

Although plenty of farces what up video clips of motoring offences sub judice. Local chipwrappers are common homes for such japes and levity.
You’ve got my vote .......... come the revolution!

Top Bottom