Extra large helmet needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevet1970

Hi All,

New to this forum, so not sure if this has been discussed in the past or not.

I have been talked into doing the London to Brighton bike ride in June with a group of friends, the problem is I have a very large head!
I have been to Halfords and another large cycle shop near Gatwick to look for what helmets they have.

I have tried the Bell Triton helmet which goes upto 65cm but even that is a bit tight and rubs on my forehead.

I have contacted Bell importers and they say they dont do anything bigger.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get hold of one bigger??

I dont really want to do the bike ride without one.

Thanks

Stephen

You already realise the importance of trying on and ensuring a good fit, along with security of the fixing straps.

Firtsly try different brands as the head shape does change with different makes, I could never wear MET for this reason.

THis Link is to an American site, butthe advice is good and it gives you a few options to consider, although I do not know how many will be available in the UK.

Tynan

Veteran
I've got a huge head, two different shops at different times sold me the only (same) make and model that would fit me, I think shape is important

(goes out to hallway)

Giro Pneumo

Oddjob62

Tynan said:
I've got a huge head, two different shops at different times sold me the only (same) make and model that would fit me, I think shape is important

(goes out to hallway)

Giro Pneumo

Another big head here.... and another Giro owner. Only one that came close to fitting.

OP
OP
S

Stevet1970

Thanks guys.

Been looking but even having problems finding the Bell KingHead. They seem to be shipping a Kinghead Triton which is smaller.

Tried the Giro's in local Halfords but they are too small.

Curse my big head!!

Still looking!

OP
OP
S

Stevet1970

Hi All,
Managed to find a local shop selling the MET Testagrossa and it fits fine.
Thanks for all the help
Steve

jay clock

Massive member
I could never wear MET for this reason.
I am the opposite. I had 3 Met 5th Elements as they were the only ones that fitted

I am about 61cm but many super large ones (billed at 63cm) do not fit as I have a very round head. Many brands are much more oval.

I now have a Giro Pneumo which fits fine

Top Bottom