Extrawheel - anyone used one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Two-wheeled trailer won't go thru our back passage so I'm thinking an Extrawheel might make a decent shopping solution. Pair of panniers on the bike, pair on the extra wheel = about 4 carriers worth of shopping.

Anyone used one of the voyager ones?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Two-wheeled trailer won't go thru our back passage so I'm thinking an Extrawheel might make a decent shopping solution. Pair of panniers on the bike, pair on the extra wheel = about 4 carriers worth of shopping.

Anyone used one of the voyager ones?

Not used but they do look like an option. Is it just a wheel or is there a mudgaurd, reflector etc?

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not used but they do look like an option. Is it just a wheel or is there a mudgaurd, reflector etc?

I will be buying one without the wheel as I have one, and mine will be getting a combined reflector/real light fitted on the 'guard. The truncated near vertical thing is the inevitable flag.

Review here
extrawheel-voyager-side-stock.jpg

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have the same problem as we have a sort of alley to get to our house does anybody have experience of this http://www.bikehod.com/ and can it be fitted to an MTB with a pannier rack on it?

It could help GregCollins.

Bikehod.... too expensive and lacking versatility for my pocket but to answer your question, yes it can be hitched to a rack equipped mtb. I used one of the waitrose ones twice and found stuff got crushed at the bottom of the bag.

Top Bottom