Extreme fatigue, loss of appetite, legs like lead......cannot find the cause.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would still investigate CO, another detector is worth looking at, different location etc.
I had just edited my post - We are reading each others minds! :okay:

MntnMan62

Über Member
As an aside depression doesn't stop one from doing things you enjoy. An effect of depression is those with the illness stop doing the things they love.

What's the difference between stopping doing something you enjoy and stopping doing the things you love?

tom73

Guru
Just what blood test's have you had ?
Don't rule out depression it's very common in older people and often go's under the radar in that age group.
Your doctor can give you simple questioner to do which may show you have without knowing it.
It's maybe a number of small things which the virus has just brought to a head.
Without a clear set of test results or other key pointers it's had for any GP to say what it is. Post-viral fatigue is on such example which can't be ruled out given your history.
It may take time to rule out most things and even then you may never know.
Yes people can get fobbed off but equally medicine is still learning so much.

classic33

Leg End Member
My best guess is your in a viscous circle:

Causal = what @ColinJ said

Reason for not recovering =

Solution = follow Advice from @Once a Wheeler
Solution, follow advice from those qualified to say what's wrong.

tom73

Guru
Long covid can't be ruled out the covid test is not fool proof. It's possible you had flu and then covid on top with one masking the other.
Partially if you only got exposed to a low viral load which if your body was already fighting one virus may have been just enough to leave you with problem.
Have you ask if it could be long covid ? As with many thing's covid many still don't know enough about it. I can point you to paper on it if you want give your GP a helping hand.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
What's the difference between stopping doing something you enjoy and stopping doing the things you love?
I have four friends who suffer this illness which manifests itself in various ways. One is a keen and very good cyclist who simply gave up, stopped doing the very thing which helped. There was nothing to stop the cycling it was a decision she made alongside several others.

Cycling was something I was able to help with. I knew her to be someone who never broke a commitment and I managed to get a commitment 2-3 times a week to get out with me. Her riding was as good as ever, the illness didn't actually stop this. Together we broke the cycle and reversed the decision and she continued with positive results.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
That was my first thought too, until I spotted this...

I nearly died from CO poisoning [see THIS THREAD], so I watch out for people at risk!

PS @Dave7 - just to doublecheck... they are CO detectors aren't they, NOT SMOKE detectors? And you have them in every room where there is a gas appliance?
Yes. Fireangel is the brand. One in the lounge (gas fire) and one upstairs near the combi boiler.

Top Bottom