Fabric Saddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
The shallow was the right choice over the race as it initially felt like there wasn't as much padding as on my Cannondale saddle, but riding it felt like there was more give in the saddle somehow. The race looks very similarly shaped (i literally couldn't tell the difference side on) but less padding so probably wouldn't have been as comfortable a ride. No problems in the drops either.

But then I'm 100kg so maybe I need a bit more padding than some.

I do wonder why no company has made a dynamic bum moulder that can then tell you exactly which saddle you would find most comfortable, instead of just the sitbone measuring device. I know it's a personal thing but there must be common factors/shapes/physicality between all the riders who prefer one particular saddle.

si_c

Guru
The shallow was the right choice over the race as it initially felt like there wasn't as much padding as on my Cannondale saddle, but riding it felt like there was more give in the saddle somehow. The race looks very similarly shaped (i literally couldn't tell the difference side on) but less padding so probably wouldn't have been as comfortable a ride. No problems in the drops either.

But then I'm 100kg so maybe I need a bit more padding than some.

I do wonder why no company has made a dynamic bum moulder that can then tell you exactly which saddle you would find most comfortable, instead of just the sitbone measuring device. I know it's a personal thing but there must be common factors/shapes/physicality between all the riders who prefer one particular saddle.
I've been using the Fabric Line Elite in Shallow form on both my bikes now for a couple of years, not had any issues with it, comfortable and about the right width for me (it's quite a narrow saddle generally which is why I tried it in the first place) and the cut out works well, done a few century rides on it.

I ride in a fairly aggressive position (5" drop too, although I'm tall so it doesn't count as much) as above and I'm not sure the flat would have added any additional comfort.

Top Bottom