Fabulous victim blaming by London Fire Brigade.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

So LFB go and rescue a cyclist from beneath a 4x4, nothing to suggest that the cyclist is to blame for the incident, and sadly it sounds like the cyclists injuries are very serious.

Do the LFB use this as an oppertunity to warn drivers to drive carefully around cyclists? No, surprise surprise they take the opportunity to stick the boot in. Nice.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/...erely_injured_after_car_park_crash/?cmpid=cmt

That link sends my computer ape shoot:smile:

Octet

Veteran
That link sends my computer ape s***:smile:

Seems fine for me, but for those who are having problems this is the main summary of the events.

A cyclist was hit by a 4X4 vehicle in a Sainsbury's car park in Merton. The victim became trapped beneath the car and sustained both breathing difficulties and was severely burnt by the catalytic converter. The injuries have been described as "life changing".

The London Fire Brigade responded to the incident with the following comments:

An LFB spokesman said: “Due to the nature of his injuries, which are going to be life-changing, we had to quickly extricate the casualty from the vehicle.

“It took about 60 seconds. It was a really quick, really important extrication.”

Staff from Wimbledon Fire Station said cyclist safety has become an increasing problem.

The spokesman said: “There is a big problem with cyclists at the moment generally.

“There are so many more cyclists on the roads that we have had a number of incidents ourselves with fire enegines and recent months.

“What they do is tuck themselves between the 150mm gap of the curb and lorry and really get themselves into places they just should not be.

“They are not respecting the road are getting themselves into dangerous positions.

U

User6179

Am running norton so possibly that , anyway worked on 3rd attempt.

"Cyclists will be able to sit in the fire engine to see what the view is like from the driver’s seat in an exercise aimed at reducing injuries caused to them on the roads"

Sounds like they are trying to blame the next cyclist they knock down before it happens.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru

"Cyclists will be able to sit in the fire engine to see what the view is like from the driver’s seat in an exercise aimed at reducing injuries caused to them on the roads"

Sounds like they are trying to blame the next cyclist they knock down before it happens.

Maybe they should put a fireman under a 4x4 so he can see what the view is like from down there.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I don't necessarily think this is the view of all or most firemen, a lot of whom cycle themselves. More likely a directive nobber from their press office

would you mind awfully if I FTFY? ^_^

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

If it's so difficult to see other road users from the cab of a vehicle, then why should that vehicle be on the road?
I refuse to accept that I should just be collateral damage,

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If it's so difficult to see other road users from the cab of a vehicle, then why should that vehicle be on the road?
I refuse to accept that I should just be collateral damage,
Didn't you get the memo? It's up to you to make yourself seen by other road users.;)

Top Bottom