Face masks......where to buy them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here’s one I made earlier from a faded old cycling cap
67548F18-6806-41A9-B5AB-A4E6A0D88E60.jpeg

Venod

Eh up
Very cheap on Amazon if you can wait for delivery from China, a lot of the sellers will have bought them from China to cash in on the profit, they won't be getting my money.

screenman

Legendary Member
face covering or face mask, triple layer of Buff, the message is still not clear. Unlike Venod I am not against giving somebody a profit if they are prepared to stock something so that I get faster delivery than waiting.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'm yet to find an ideal solution. I've got a homemade one bought via etsy I think, which is a pain to breathe through and sits too high up on my face, a cheapo reusable which seems to be made out of the stuff they use for bras and is is alright but kind of uncomfortable on the ears, and I've got buffs and snoods. Nothing works as well for me as the disposable medical ones we wear at work.

I think I'm going to just have to keep on trying them and buying them until I find one that works, but if anyone's found a good reusable one for a glasses wearer, preferably tight fitting round the nose and easy to breathe through, do let me know.

Venod

Eh up
Unlike Venod I am not against giving somebody a profit if they are prepared to stock something so that I get faster delivery than waiting.

Believe it or not neither am I but there is something unsavory about ripping people of with highly inflated prices for essentials.

As an example I have just bought some Novatec hubs from a UK supplier that I could have got cheaper from China but the price hike was reasonable.

Last edited:

Julia9054

Guru
a good reusable one for a glasses wearer,
I bought a roll of the stuff they have on the disposable masks for moulding the top bit to your nose to sew into mine. It’s not very good - doesn’t mould tightly enough. I found a roll of picture hanging wire in the tool cupboard which works much better.

Drago

Legendary Member
There's a lady in our village who has taken to making them. It doesn't bohter me as I neither go on public transport (at the moment) or into shops. Nevertheless, Mrs D commissioned a few from her and the workmanship (or should that be workwomanship?) is first class. I can't think when I'll ever get to wear them though.

Anyway, Mrs D heard about it one something called Facebook, which I'd never heard of. Might be worth scoping that out for similar things in your area.

tom73

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom