Face masks......where to buy them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And here’s one I bought recently from
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/AnitasTartanCrafts
She has a quite a range of tartans to choose from. She’s based near Huntly.
EC35D81D-75A8-480A-A99D-9F450884F383.jpeg

Lozz360

Veteran
Here's a "Multipack" for £11.99. The inverted commas is because there are just two in the pack. I wonder if they will now go on offer now that the EFL season is over?
https://www.oufcshop.co.uk/equipment/accessories/927_face-mask-multipack.html

Shops should be quiet in future judging by the amount of people I have spoken to who are not going to wear one.

Yep, great sense of civic duty. For the sake of wearing a bit of fabric, show contempt and stand firm in making shops suffer economically even more! Lot's of common sense in this approach. Plus it really shows that they care about others, not just themselves and their own pet peeves. :laugh:

lane

Veteran
The matter is very clear for anyone who cares to check...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...side-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home

Point 8 seems very clear to me.

It's the media making it difficult. The government introduce emergency legislation and straight away the media are being difficult - "It makes no mention of one legged, red head pygmies from the Alsace region..." squeals Laura Kuennsberk.

It is very simple if you choose to get the info from source rather than relying on the media:

1. We know where and when we are required to wear one.

2. We know why are are required to wear one.

3. We know exactly what form they may take.

I really don't see how it could be made any clearer.

It could be made clearer by the Government explaining it as clearly as you have done @Drago. Now being ex police you perhaps assume everyone takes the time to look at the legislation in detail. Well sorry to disappoint...

lane

Veteran
Yep, great sense of civic duty. For the sake of wearing a bit of fabric, show contempt and stand firm in making shops suffer economically even more! Lot's of common sense in this approach. Plus it really shows that they care about others, not just themselves and their own pet peeves. :laugh:

The Government have made a rod for there own back with this quite honestly. Even at the weekend we had cabinet ministers publicly disagreeing. For a long time the Government said people didn't need to / should not wear face covering. Afraid you can't expect too much buy in after that. Why do you think England has the lowest % of wearers among all the western countries.

lane

Veteran
Well, you can hardly complain if you rely in the media for your legal advice.

No but if you are the Government and you want a policy to be successful it is worthwhile investing in the communication. Blaming the public and the media is fine, but you will still be left with the reality.

Drago

Legendary Member
I understand it just fine because I went to the horses mouth. It's that easy. The Government have invested in very clear, very simply, very factual, very concise public sources of information...which the gullible media frenzied masses largely ignore.

If people would rather believe the media instead of an authoritative source then they've no excuse and no grounds to whittle. None. At. All. Sorry Lane, but it's your own fault.

When you're ill, seek the advise of a doctor. When your car won't start seek the advice of a mechanic. When you want to know what the governments instructions are regarding face coverings, seek the advice of the government. The media never have and never will be a reliable source of factual information and should never be used as a reference source. Anyone that hasn't figured that out by now should probably not be allowed out in public for their own safety, or else reads The Mail. The whole issue of face coverings is only muddied because of the media - the official message put out by the government is obvious as a dayglo elephant in an empty car park.

lane

Veteran
I understand it just fine because I went to the horses mouth. It's that easy. The Government have invested in very clear, very simply, very factual, very concise public sources of information...which the gullible media frenzied masses largely ignore.

If people would rather believe the media instead of an authoritative source then they've no excuse and no grounds to whittle. None. At. All. Sorry Lane, but it's your own fault.

When you're ill, seek the advise of a doctor. When your car won't start seek the advice of a mechanic. When you want to know what the governments instructions are regarding face coverings, seek the advice of the government. The media never have and never will be a reliable source of factual information and should never be used as a reference source. Anyone that hasn't figured that out by now should probably not be allowed out in public for their own safety, or else reads The Mail. The whole issue of face coverings is only muddied because of the media - the official message put out by the government is obvious as a dayglo elephant in an empty car park.

You are somewhat missing my point. How many people have been the the website you visited? What would have helped, in my opinion, would have been a proper announcement by a member of the Government covering clearly all points in your post.

winjim

Smash the cistern
No but if you are the Government and you want a policy to be successful it is worthwhile investing in the communication. Blaming the public and the media is fine, but you will still be left with the reality.
Remember that this government measures success in a different way to you or me. Their communication strategy is ideal for their purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom