Face masks......where to buy them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
A sink plunger on a piece of string would fit the bill.
The reverse Dalek look!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Allow me Sheddy...

If you use a hanky just make sure you position it correctly.

Screenshot_20200714-092542_Chrome.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
There's a lady in our village who has taken to making them. It doesn't bohter me as I neither go on public transport (at the moment) or into shops. Nevertheless, Mrs D commissioned a few from her and the workmanship (or should that be workwomanship?) is first class. I can't think when I'll ever get to wear them though.

Anyway, Mrs D heard about it one something called Facebook, which I'd never heard of. Might be worth scoping that out for similar things in your area.
1594715917799.png
I hope you are not supplying the material,like some old underwear.

lane

Veteran
face covering or face mask, triple layer of Buff, the message is still not clear. Unlike Venod I am not against giving somebody a profit if they are prepared to stock something so that I get faster delivery than waiting.

Totally unclear as with everything else.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My daughter took my mask MrsF had made to do the bus trip, so will need MrsF to make me a new one as I'm not a fan of flowery patterns. Then again, I might just go to the pub without a mask and catch the lurgy there then.

My wife has made quite a few masks now and passed them to her sister to sell in her shop - they were selling fast, looks like there will be a big demand. Better go fold up my buff's properly.

Drago

Legendary Member
Totally unclear as with everything else.
The matter is very clear for anyone who cares to check...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...side-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home

Point 8 seems very clear to me.

It's the media making it difficult. The government introduce emergency legislation and straight away the media are being difficult - "It makes no mention of one legged, red head pygmies from the Alsace region..." squeals Laura Kuennsberk.

It is very simple if you choose to get the info from source rather than relying on the media:

1. We know where and when we are required to wear one.

2. We know why are are required to wear one.

3. We know exactly what form they may take.

I really don't see how it could be made any clearer.

screenman

Legendary Member
My daughter took my mask MrsF had made to do the bus trip, so will need MrsF to make me a new one as I'm not a fan of flowery patterns. Then again, I might just go to the pub without a mask and catch the lurgy there then.

My wife has made quite a few masks now and passed them to her sister to sell in her shop - they were selling fast, looks like there will be a big demand. Better go fold up my buff's properly.

Not about you catching the lurgy though.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I bought a roll of the stuff they have on the disposable masks for moulding the top bit to your nose to sew into mine. It’s not very good - doesn’t mould tightly enough. I found a roll of picture hanging wire in the tool cupboard which works much better.
Much as I'd love to, I don't really have the time to get crafty myself so I need an off the shelf solution. Incidentally, Trish Greenhalgh recommends a paperclip.

View: https://twitter.com/trishgreenhalgh/status/1279413188367454209?s=19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom