Face masks......where to buy them??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
The government guidelines for company's don't say face covering must be worn that's true. But they do say an employee who wishers to wear one they should support to do so. So a blanket ban is not in line with the guidelines. I can't see why any company would stand in the way of using them having staff off either sick or isolating is cost to them. Which given the current state of many companies I'd have thought it's a cost they can do without. As for schools god forbid they treated YP as adults and allowed them to have a say in using face covering when in school. Even better support them and let them design, make them so they have ones they feel they want to wear. The same go's for primary age Many kids real don't have a problem with this. If you explain it in ways they understand and involve them in the use of them.
My wife's 5 year old nice understand enough to know why things are different at the moment even her 3 year old brother get's not being close to people.

vickster

Legendary Member
They taste lousy, leave a lousy taste in your throat, which they also dry out. And those with the metal bridge strip for the nose, have left metal stuck in the mouth.

Don't judge everyone on sight.
Are you not exempt due to your epilepsy?

winjim

Smash the cistern
They taste lousy, leave a lousy taste in your throat, which they also dry out. And those with the metal bridge strip for the nose, have left metal stuck in the mouth.

Don't judge everyone on sight.
I'm not judging anyone on sight, I'm judging them by the BS excuses they are giving. I'm well aware that there will be people for whom wearing a mask is unreasonable or intolerable, which makes it all the more important that those of us who can, do.

D

Deleted member 26715

Cos Cummings has a mate who's worked out how to profit from em... dur! /s
Or Cummings mate has now managed to source an overseas supply, or shift his production into mask, or there is the alternative it's just sheer incompetence

D

Deleted member 26715

Aren't most people wearing masks whether they are compulsory or not?
My straw pole when I nipped to the Co-op the other day I would say no, 70/30 at the least not wearing them, but that is the only shop I have been in in 3 weeks, oops no I tell a lie I was in Costco week last Sunday only about 20% wearing them then

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My straw pole when I nipped to the Co-op the other day I would say no, 70/30 at the least not wearing them, but that is the only shop I have been in in 3 weeks, oops no I tell a lie I was in Costco week last Sunday only about 20% wearing them then

That's not bad for voluntary use, it'll be interesting to see the difference when it's compulsory. Up here it's nigh on 100% compliance.

MntnMan62

Über Member

They are mandatory in all stores or places of business. If you don't have one on, you get thrown out. Of course that hasn't stopped our super intelligent population from deciding that they are going to show them who's boss and not wear a mask at the beach or at Covid parties. That's why we are seeing an uptick in people who have attended said parties getting the virus that was supposed to be a hoax and dying. As a US citizen I am embarrassed to say that the level of intelligence of the US population has dropped to record low levels. Is there any wonder why I hate people?

lane

Veteran
Is any of that mandated by central government? Because by 'ourselves' I am including school governers, headteachers, PTAs, employers, trade unions etc, not just individuals.

As it turns out yes. Government do not recommend use of face masks ins school because they are not effective. Schools will always tend to follow Government guidance. Not sure of the science or reason this has not been made clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom