FaceBook is broken.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

Sometimes these things happen even in well organised and well oiled organisations. Just that billions use it so it is noticeable and they have a poor image (deservedly ) so it stands out.

In simple terms. FB staff uploaded a new update configuration file for routing internet traffic yesterday and it bombed. Btw, you can't have a backup site for these things. Any upload is immediately notifies all internet partners directing internet traffic that these are are the new values and their systems around the world, have changed it to the erroneous values.

This is a routine event. Usually there is a quick fallback to the old config until the fix causing the trouble is done. It takes a few mins. But because their engineers were working from home, the access for security reasons did not allow them. So they had to back on site and manually fix it.

One lesson for all of us is not to use to FB, Google etc sign-off to access other 3rd party applications. Those using FB to authenticate login credentials to other sites failed. Always login directly.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Phew, I'm glad FB is back - I was struggling to find a dot matrix ribbon for my telex machine

Drago

Legendary Member
People should be reclaiming their lives and dancing in the street when Faceberk goes down, not panicking. If they were enslaved in any other way we would go to war over it, but Faecesbook domit and they cheerfully go aling with it.

Top Bottom