FaceBook is broken.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member

My life was in turmoil, glad it's all back to normal now.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hundreds of posts in a short time many saying 'I don't have a Facebook'.

I believe every one, but it looks as if Facebook is more important to some people than they are letting on.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm one of the ones who "don't have a Facebook", despite being the OP of this thread.
I do listen to/read the news though.... And I will admit to once having a FB page, which is why I feel qualified to say it is utterly crap.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Actually, FB WAS useful for something, once.
When doing a sponsored cycle and trying to raise cash for a charity, I found it a convenient way of contacting a lot of friends and family with minimum effort, and in such a way that they could easily respond if they wanted to, or ignore it without causing offence.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm one of the ones who "don't have a Facebook", despite being the OP of this thread.
I do listen to/read the news though.... And I will admit to once having a FB page, which is why I feel qualified to say it is utterly crap.

Needless to say, I also don't have a Facebook.

It seems to me many small businesses use it extensively.

In my experience, small traders, independent retailers, tradesmen and the like often don't have a website, only a Facebook page.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
It seems to me many small businesses use it extensively.

In my experience, small traders, independent retailers, tradesmen and the like often don't have a website, only a Facebook page.
In light of Monday night's event, they might want to re-think that. What happens if it all comes crashing down permanently? Which is not such an unlikely scenario at some time in the future. Businesses might be glad of an entry in Yellow Pages - the paper version!

Top Bottom