FaceBook is broken.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I use the Evil WhatsApp to keep in tough with the various offspring who are scattered around the country, and Beautiful Daughter and Wife on a evening. I tried to get them to move to the marginally less evil Signal but they weren't interested. I never got the hang of Facebook or Instagram due to a lack of Patience with technological things.

What makes you think Signal is evil?

Drago

Legendary Member
What makes you think Signal is evil?
Because the CEO is named Lucifer McNasty?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I would get rid of FB but it is used locally as an information service. A lot of it is bilge of course but titbits like "don't bother going to the coop for shopping as the tills are down due to a power cut and they cannot sell you anything" can be useful. Road blockages are also posted.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently, Uri Gellar thinks it was aliums wot crashed FB...

~Israel Hayom newspaper linkie~

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I do seem to remember having a look at Signal and seeing that it had certain issues - tho quite probably preferable to FB.

What issues would they be? It works great and the only thing it has is a phone number. It doesn’t keep logs of who has been talking with whom. It has time limited messages. Does group chat. Does pictures and video and voice and text. Always end to end encrypted. You can even do hidden sender like the post. Works on phones, tablets, PC etc.

What issues would they be? It works great and the only thing it has is a phone number. It doesn’t keep logs of who has been talking with whom. It has time limited messages. Does group chat. Does pictures and video and voice and text. Always end to end encrypted. You can even do hidden sender like the post. Works on phones, tablets, PC etc.
I don't remember to be honest - thanks for the reassurance though.
Question - is it free?
If so, what's in it for the folk behind it?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I thought I'd ask the good cchat folk in a relevant thread since I'm here, and you since you seem to know a fair amount about it and entered the discussion on it (note - am not being sarky) - if you don't know, just say so.

Well I do but I thought you’d like to do your own research on such things. It’s certainly not evil intent. Your question is a bit like asking what Save the Children’s game is. What’s their ulterior motive?

https://signalfoundation.org/

Top Bottom