Facebook knows everything about me, apparently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes it does, unless you haven't used a web browser in the past 10 years.
I use my neighbours Wiffy and an anonymous browser.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm 63 and single Facebook must think I'm some sort of sugar daddy judging by the number of ad's for very expensive young ladies underwear I get. Just wish I had that sort of bank balance.

On facebook I quite regularly get friend requests from lovely young ladies, usually American, who are young enough to be my granddaughter :wacko:, what they actually want with a 69 year old grandad I haven't got a clue, I delete the requests.

Johnsco

Old Fettler
Fb is an an insidious intruder and spy.
Some years ago a friend asked via email ... Will you be my friend on F ?
I replied - I'm happy to be your friend, but not on that platform.
From that day - That silly little "f" appeared in the top right hand corner of my screen.
I right-click deleted, deleted using the delete key, selected and clicked the cross.
I never managed to get rid of it for the rest of the life of the computer - When I scrapped it at the local recycling centre.
On my birthday - It wished me Happy Birthday.
So - There you are - Why I don't do Fb.

I used to get that odd thing where it continuously suggested a person as a friend. I think fb denied that this was caused by them looking at your profile a fair bit but I never believed them.

OP
OP
rogerzilla

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It sends spam emails to an address I've never used on there telling me a lot has happened since I've been away. I think it harvests other people's address books. It is evil.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think I'm being trolled on Facebook. I keep getting stuff in messenger from folk I know which it shall we say out of character for them. I received one a few minutes ago offering help if I need it. The supposed person is a CC member. I told this person that I didn't trust Facebook Messenger due to these odd messages and that I'd rather post privately on CC's PM page. The person said that's ok, but seemed to want me to post on Facebook. If that person is genuine please understand my concerns and message me on CC. :unsure: I'm thinking that if it is trolling, that person won't be a CC member and be unable to reply to my PM.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I admin several FB groups, including the AUK one. It is really irritating the way FB constantly changes the rules and tries to tell me how to manage members and encourage undesirables to join. I've got all the privacy buttons ticked on FB and Google, so I don't get anything targetted, just random rubbish.

Nibor

Bewildered
I think I'm being trolled on Facebook. I keep getting stuff in messenger from folk I know which it shall we say out of character for them. I received one a few minutes ago offering help if I need it. The supposed person is a CC member. I told this person that I didn't trust Facebook Messenger due to these odd messages and that I'd rather post privately on CC's PM page. The person said that's ok, but seemed to want me to post on Facebook. If that person is genuine please understand my concerns and message me on CC. :unsure: I'm thinking that if it is trolling, that person won't be a CC member and be unable to reply to my PM.

I have only ever offered genuine help I even posted bus pass forms through your door Accy you are heading for being paranoid mate I have offered my mobile number too p,ease give your head a flipping wobble the world is not out to get youe

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have only ever offered genuine help I even posted bus pass forms through your door Accy you are heading for being paranoid mate I have offered my mobile number too p,ease give your head a flipping wobble the world is not out to get youe

I am getting text messages from supposed employment agencies I'm not registered with offering me jobs. Even phone calls I get make me wonder if they are genuine. Someone phoned me today from Accrington town hall. I asked them to tell me certain things only those in authority would know, before carrying on the conversation.

Plus, I haven't had any bus pass forms through my door.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I am getting text messages from supposed employment agencies I'm not registered with offering me jobs. Even phone calls I get make me wonder if they are genuine. Someone phoned me today from Accrington town hall. I asked them to tell me certain things only those in authority would know, before carrying on the conversation.

Plus, I haven't had any bus pass forms through my door.

I get several spam calls throughout the week. I get hundreds of spam emails and i deleted MyFace years ago. There's only so many dinner pics i can stand... Just block, report and delete.

Top Bottom