Facebook Privacy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am not on facebook but would like to join a FB cycling group near me.How can i set the privacy settings so i am only involved with this group.
I only want other members to see my posts and being anti-social :whistle:i do not want people asking to be my "friend".

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If they ask to be your friend then just ignore. You can block all your feed, friends, photos etc from other's and make it private It's very simple to do in the settings.
You could also use a nom de plume.

1572341516344.png

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
You will have to create a profile, but you don't have to use your full name. Some people use names like Jhn Smth so that they don't appear when someone searches for your name. Put your date of birth as 01/01/1980 or something. Then set all your settings to private. You'll still get targeted ads based on what you've looked at on other devices (due to cookies etc) so don't expect a perfectly clean experience!

D

Deleted member 26715

How do you get around them demanding your mobile phone number?

D

Deleted member 26715

Ignore their requests/demands
You can't, I for similar reasons wanted to sign up, so did so with a fake name, but I am unable to access most of the site, (some would say thankfully) unless they are able to verify my phone number & it has to be a mobile, there is no way they are getting that. I presume it's a step they have put in to stop (insert a country) Bots from signing up.

D

Deleted member 26715

I still don't have my number on there. Every month or so I get a reminder that they need it as a securoty back-up or something, but I always click "not now". This has been the same for years. It hasn't stopped me accessing anything I want as far as I know
Try creating a new user

D

Deleted member 26715

Yeah the Russians worked out how to get a puppet into the White house with fake news

I still don't have my number on there. Every month or so I get a reminder that they need it as a securoty back-up or something, but I always click "not now". This has been the same for years. It hasn't stopped me accessing anything I want as far as I know
same here.
Hardly use FB - don't like it - always been careful with it.

By the by, a question - if you repeatedly see a "friend suggestion" from someone (maybe someone you actually know/know of offline, does this mean that they have looked at your page?
Had the impression that FB denies that it works like this but have had some odd stuff happen in the past that suggests otherwise.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
By the by, a question - if you repeatedly see a "friend suggestion" from someone (maybe someone you actually know/know of offline, does this mean that they have looked at your page?
Had the impression that FB denies that it works like this but have had some odd stuff happen in the past that suggests otherwise.
No it doesn't. it will keep suggesting for ever, even if no-one looked at your profile

No it doesn't. it will keep suggesting for ever, even if no-one looked at your profile
But I'm talking about a specific person - not just anyone from its vast pool.
I know that it always suggests some folk - I have a fake FB profile as well and that gets lots and lots of suggestions - way more I think - all bizarre. But I am talking about suggestions, repeated, from folk you do know, but as far as you can remember have never looked at yourself on FB or had anything to do with on FB.

Top Bottom