Failed car tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I appreciate that much, & we were assured by the dealer that it had had new tyres at the previous service/inspection by themselves
(a big main-dealer)
If it came from where I think it did,( Coachman dealer near Knottingley) I'd be inclined to believe them, as it would be more than their reputation is worth not to, but removing the tyres and storing them out of UV light will help preserve them.

If it came from where I think it did,( Coachman dealer near Knottingley) I'd be inclined to believe them, as it would be more than their reputation is worth not to
It did

Any time you fly on a commercial airliner, the chances are it's using at least some retreads.
Yes
I think it was Bandag(?) who used that imagery/connection in their 1980s advertising to help dispel the usual rumours about the condition/ability of remoulds

On a joint vein, does anyone else remember the 'Bandag Bullet' (a Ford D-Series, I seem to recall)

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
On a joint vein, does anyone else remember the 'Bandag Bullet' (a Ford D-Series, I seem to recall)
Did that not used to reside in Hebden Bridge? IIRC it was transported around on behind a Ford Transcontinental?
We found it on what I think was one of the last holidays with my parents in 1980. I remember the year because it was a few months before I sat my driving test, so my extended practice was that I had to drive my Mum's Mk4 Cortina practically everywhere on that holiday.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
tumblr_nlh9wdEkQK1r2dcdfo1_1280.jpg

Did that not used to reside in Hebden Bridge? IIRC it was transported around on behind a Ford Transcontinental?
We found it on what I think was one of the last holidays with my parents in 1980. I remember the year because it was a few months before I sat my driving test, so my extended practice was that I had to drive my Mum's Mk4 Cortina practically everywhere on that holiday.

I think it did!
Somewhere near the bus turning circle? (near the road up to Heptonstall?)
It probably would have been a Transcontinental

Top Bottom