1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fair Fuel Anti-Cycling Survey

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by amasidlover, 10 Dec 2017.

1. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Use that of your local MP
    MossCommuter likes this.
  2. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

instead of wasting your time filling it out, why not counteract it with a letter to your local police / MP etc demanding better road policing. Pick out a road near you where it is obvious speeding is endemic and demand some action, it is likely the police will do a token spot with the speed gun and put some money into the treasury.
    classic33 and raleighnut like this.
  3. FishFright

FishFright Über Member

But a good idea
    NickNick and Reiver like this.
  4. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

He loves me already.
  5. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Irlam (Salford)
    Ha! You think I'm giving my name, postcode and email address to that bunch of Muppets.

Besides. I don't have a car so some questions are impossible to answer
    raleighnut likes this.
  6. queasyrider

queasyrider Still perplexed

It's an internet survey so nobody says it has to be accurate.

Just lie and use it to counteract Wilson's usual motoring bias.

It's only fake news!
    NickNick and Lonestar like this.
  7. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Irlam (Salford)
    NickNick and Lonestar like this.
  8. There is no good answer to this question

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 14.52.18.jpg
    Have you stopped beating your wife?
    [ ] No [ ] Yes [ ] Don't know.

Any responses to the survey just gives them undeserved legitimacy.
  9. Lonestar

Lonestar Rat Run Cyclist

CS 2 and CS 3
    Any responses to the survey just shows a huge bias.

6. Would you fit winter tyres if Insurance companies gave a discount? 2uera6v_th.gif

6a Would you stop using mobile phones while driving if the Insurance companies gave a discount? 2uera6v_th.gif

6b Would you not drive like an imbecile if Insurance companies gave a discount? 2uera6v_th.gif
    Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
  10. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

On 3 Wheels
    I tried but I get enough b*******s in my 'inbox' without giving these tossers my e-mail address.
    youngoldbloke and Adrian like this.
  11. Adrian

Do what I did, and give them Drago's details.
    NickNick, xzenonuk, theclaud and 3 others like this.
  12. queasyrider

There is no way this survey will gain legitimacy no matter how many people respond.

At least by using it to put forward some more pro environment and pro cycling viewpoints there is a slight chance it could confuse the FairfuelUK poll.
    NickNick likes this.
  13. Adrian

Immediate legitimacy, maybe not. Drip feed though is another matter.
  14. queasyrider

FairfuelUK is a pressure group whose supporters are in favour of reducing motorists' costs and making road use easier for motorists therefore a poll like this is going to be hugely biased by and towards motorists interests, and probably against those of cyclists.

It is much better to get some people with a wider set of interests contributing to the poll.

At the end of the day the poll, by and for motorists, will say, surprise, surprise, motoring is too expensive and not enough is spent on the infrastructure, and, unless I am very wrong, that cyclists are over-favoured. We can at least stop these views being unanimous.

I would imagine that, at this time of year, a poll of turkeys about banning Christmas would get the same results and be as legitimate.
    Last edited: 10 Dec 2017
    raleighnut and Drago like this.
  15. simon.r

simon.r Person

I picked this up via Twitter and filled it in as a driver, giving answers as a cyclist.
    NickNick and Tin Pot like this.