Fake cycle helmets on Fake Britain tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Fake?What are thy made out of? Concrete?

Apparently the fakes are just made out of cheap polystyrene. Oh, hang on.....

Moderators

Legendary Member
Mod note: this thread is specifically for discussion of fake helmets as shown on the program.

If you wish to discuss whether to wear them or not then please discuss it in the appropriate thread.

I believe I should wear a helmet, but at the moment I don`t.

I`m not asking about the safey aspect here, but am interested to hear what you guys do when it is below freezing. What I mean is, I currently wear a woolly hat and my head remains cold for the first few miles. What are helmets like for keeping the head warm? The ones I`ve seen only appear to cover the top part of the head.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I believe I should wear a helmet, but at the moment I don`t.

I`m not asking about the safey aspect here, but am interested to hear what you guys do when it is below freezing. What I mean is, I currently wear a woolly hat and my head remains cold for the first few miles. What are helmets like for keeping the head warm? The ones I`ve seen only appear to cover the top part of the head.
Well from when I used to wear one, they have big holes all over them that lets the cold air through. Stick a cap over your woolly hat to keep more warm air in.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 4033473, member: 259"]You can easily test them. Hit it as hard as you can with a hammer and if it breaks it must be a fake.[/QUOTE]
Seriously: I'd like suggestions as to suitable dummy heads so I can try dropping it from head height onto tarmac and seeing if it compresses or shatters.

I've been told there's a lot of fakes around, but how can users spot them? If someone's wearing a fake (or wearing one badly, like Boris does), then society is getting all of the drawbacks but the user isn't getting all of any benefit.

Top Bottom