Fake singlespeeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
*sigh*

I'm not offended, I'm really not.

That Sub 10 or Sub 30 or whatever it is, is a really smart bike. The true singlespeeds in the catalogue are retro bikes, though. If it's a singlespeed it has to be retro, right? If you're a marketing chimp, anyway; they're not known for their imagination.

I'd like the modern looking frame and the belt drive; but then, SS riding isn't just a fad for me. I actually enjoy it. It's not gay like fixed, either.

SS Retro

SS riding isn't just a fad for me. I actually enjoy it. It's not gay like fixed, either.
Agree with the ss riding, but I wasn't aware fixed wheel was just for homosexuals?:headshake:

Reactions: gaz

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
..............just building to a demand I suppose. The owner wants all the style without adapting his/her behaviour in any way. Buy a New VW Beetle! You can have a big flower on the dashboard, and still sit 18 inches behind someone at 90 mph on the motorway making onanistic gestures.

I detest 'retro' and all its connotations. I even hate the word..............! :laugh:

You really got out of the wrong side of the bed didn't you? However, I am right with you on the Beetle and include the Mini in that hatred. Its attempt to cash in on past 'coolness' and simply bought by people in an attempt to demonstrate how 'cool' and 'retro' they are makes me sick. Bizarely I do actually find the Fiat 500 an acceptable and even desireable reincarnation????

subaqua

What’s the point
Single-speed freewheel bicycles are for young children and the terminally dull.

I had a fixed single speed as a kid ,that was the bike I used to sit on the handlebars and ride "backwards " still being able to see where i was going. riding it forwards was great too. could do some huge skids, but went through rear tyres like crazy

Top Bottom