Falcon Pro-line

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stinaV8

Regular
Hi all .
I'm never sure if i'm posting things in the right place here .
Any Hoo , Here goes !
I had an old 1987/89ish Falcon pro line , ( there is a thread on here somewhere ! )
used it all summer and enjoyed it . Then the time came to either sell it or the carrera hybrib before the winter .
I decided to build it into a year round sort of hybrid , come racer , Dont know how you would pigeon hole it , other than it rides lovely and quiet . Bare metaled it and used decals of the period !
If i do any more to it , it'll be a decent , period chainset , rather than the cheep steel piece on it , ( something like a 52/39 to give a lower gear if anyone has one ? )
So , what do we all think of the old Bird ? Remember i spent all bank holiday aciding it back to metal , don't be too harsh on Her .
PS , i like the mix of old and new components !

Attachments

• Falcon Rebuilt 001.jpg
    Falcon Rebuilt 001.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 59
  • Falcon Rebuilt 002.jpg
    Falcon Rebuilt 002.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 54
  • Falcon Rebuilt 004.jpg
    Falcon Rebuilt 004.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Falcon Rebuilt 006.jpg
    Falcon Rebuilt 006.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Falcon Rebuilt 007.jpg
    Falcon Rebuilt 007.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 61

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
You did a good job mate. Drop versus flat bars is a personal choice. I'm sure it gets quite a few looks an comments.

Drago

Legendary Member
Changing the subject entirely Stina, I used to have a P6 V8 in Almond as well. Sold to pay for my divorce :sad: DTB937J if anyone knows its whereabouts.

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
Thanks guys . I just love the look of it with the flat bars , and with a few shoulder issues it seems to work well for me , I can do 30 ish miles before the pins and needles set in .
Tony raynor , Only had a few rides on it in this configuration , but she used to get a few looks even before she was done !
Drago .
As you know the hew of the P6 is Almond , you must know your old Roves ! If you PM me i could point you in the right direction for info and data as to weather your old P6 still exists ! ( assuming you can PM on here ? )

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
Drago , My curiosity got the better of me and i had to do a dvla search . The car is still alive , taxed till November , and mot'd to May . It's listed as white now though .

Drago

Legendary Member
Cheers mate. I miss the old girl. I had all the welding done, had it repainted, and was ready to restore the interior but looming solicitors bills meant it had to go. Sold it to a guy in Scotland who bought it for his classic car hire company. He drove it home in one hit, didn't miss a beat. I'd love another but I've no.dry storage for one :sad:

And sorry for hijacking your thread.

wisdom

Guru
l .
I'm never sure if i'm posting things in the right place here .
Any Hoo , Here goes !
I had an old 1987/89ish Falcon pro line , ( there is a thread on here somewhere ! )
used it all summer and enjoyed it . Then the time came to either sell it or the carrera hybrib before the winter .
I decided to build it into a year round sort of hybrid , come racer , Dont know how you would pigeon hole it , other than it rides lovely and quiet . Bare metaled it and used decals of the period !
If i do any more to it , it'll be a decent , period chainset , rather than the cheep steel piece on it , ( something like a 52/39 to give a lower gear if anyone has one ? )
So , what do we all think of the old Bird ? Remember i spent all bank holiday aciding it back to metal , don't be too harsh on Her .
PS , i like the mix of old and new components !
Really nice job youve done there.How did you spray It?

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
Hi Wisdom .
I bare metaled it with nitromoors , Then a grey high build primer , followed by base coat and lacquer . All with rattle cans , i seem to be lucky with them , although bare metaling eliminates the chance of reaction problems with old paint , and i try to do it on a hot dry still day . The colour is British Racing Green Metallic .

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@stinaV8 that's a great finish from cans. My experience does not look anything like that.

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
Yeah it's a mix of old and new , brakes are new tektro , and a new wheelset , I'm scanning ebay for a better chainset , i,d like a 52/39 assuming it'd fit , i've been out bid on two in the last two days , I did 30 odd miles on it Saturday and have been riding it to work , people seem to like the overall look of it , and it rides really nice , but then it did in it's original form . I have the Eagle for my originality fix ^_^

Attachments

• Birds of prey 001.jpg
    Birds of prey 001.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Eagle Landed 002.jpg
    Eagle Landed 002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom