falling tree narrowly missing cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Should the person in question be referred to as a "Man on a bike", or is it ok to call him a cyclist in this instance? (Unless of course he shot the tree).
I believe the cyclist was female.

......awaits Daily Mail headline: Murderous male cyclist slays tree with horrific close pass!

Mr Celine

Discordian
Now the other day I saw a thread in these parts about a cyclist shooting someone with a gun (yes I know, as opposed to with a camera) and quite soon the comments went along the lines of why is this person described as a cyclist (because if it was a driver then the media what not call the person a driver and so on).

But now, this person, riding a bike, is called a cyclist. So is this one wrong, or the other thread is wrong? I actually think they are both right? Should I shut up?
The only thing we know about the person who was missed by the tree is that they were on a bike, so cyclist is a reasonable term to use.
In the other thread there were obvious alternatives to cyclist, such as hitman, gunman etc, and had he been shooting with a camera photographer would have been a more obvious description.
HTH

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The only thing we know about the person who was missed by the tree is that they were on a bike, so cyclist is a reasonable term to use.
In the other thread there were obvious alternatives to cyclist, such as hitman, gunman etc, and had he been shooting with a camera photographer would have been a more obvious description.
HTH
Ah, so now I understand the rules. Nobody who does bad is a cyclist even though they are riding a bike.

But all the good guys are cyclists.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The video credit on the BBC link is 'Bear Valley Company'.

Who might they be?

Google suggests a printed workwear retailer, although most of their stockists are involved in tree felling, which seems too much of a coincidence given the nature of the video.

Surely even a bunch of cowboy workers wouldn't be so stupid as to get themselves involved a publicity stunt which put someone's life at risk.

https://www.bearvalleycompany.co.uk...3vXBxPja9C02ruCSuA-NXFmQZLcYRG2_1wqmCr9hnDM_Y

Alan O

Über Member
The video credit on the BBC link is 'Bear Valley Company'.

Who might they be?

Google suggests a printed workwear retailer, although most of their stockists are involved in tree felling, which seems too much of a coincidence given the nature of the video.

Surely even a bunch of cowboy workers wouldn't be so stupid as to get themselves involved a publicity stunt which put someone's life at risk.

https://www.bearvalleycompany.co.uk...3vXBxPja9C02ruCSuA-NXFmQZLcYRG2_1wqmCr9hnDM_Y
Ooh, well spotted. It surely can't be a bit of viral marketing, can it?

Top Bottom