Famous/semi famous people you know/knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
As an old git I was thinking about this and unfortunately all my claims go waaaaay back and due to the "Liverpool Sound" have similar links.
In the 50s I lived back-to-back with Jacky Lomax.....lead singer of The Undertakers.

In the road opposite our house lived Les Maguire.....pianist with Gerry and the Pacemakers.
Leaving school in 1961 I joined The Royal Liver Insurance.......just as Tony Crane was leaving to go full time with The Merseybeats.
Stretching it now.....I was once introduced to Hank Marvin.

TVC

My sister in law is an ex news reader and tv journalist.

vickster

Legendary Member
My (long deceased) grandfather was president of the RFU. My uncle is very well known in Formula 1 circles

My sister in law has lots of friends in theatrical circles

I guess they're well known in their fields

Drago

Legendary Member
My friends Brother played Raymond in Grange Hill, and I was once in Court with Carol Vorderman when she took that restraining order out on me.

My Mum dated Roger Daltrey in the 60's.

I was distantly related to Alan Rickman on my Mum's side. She was also a Rickman. Never understood the exact link, but I think my Great Grandfather was his Grandad, or somesuch. Met him only the once, nice fellow before he croaked.

My Grandad, now long since passed away, was interviewed by the police over suspected involvement in the disappearance of Lord Lucan. My Sister reckons that as a kid she heard my Dad and Gramps discussing it between them and he did indeed help Lucan flee.

And finally, I'm often mistaken for Sean Connery.

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apparently some of the children I was at school with are reasonably well known, as members of a pop group, an actor and the husband of a TV presenter and poker player. And one of our friends was on telly a bit back in the 90s.

Oh, and somewhere I have a photo of a current MP throwing a punch at someone while he was at university.

When my MiL was selling her house in Kent there was a potential buyer

However he seemed inordinately interested in the cellar and she says moly did not like him so refused to consider him

About a year later we were watching TV she stated " Told you there was something not right about him"

It was Peter Tobin the serial killer

Top Bottom