Famous/semi famous people you know/knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
None... although i know a bloke (who's gigs i tend to avoid like the plague) who's former drummer, Tom English is now the drummer in Maximo Park. A wise move.

Oh... Andy Serkis used to drink in my local, which was his local too. Didn't really know him though; a friend of friends.

But... looking the wikipedia page for Lancaster, it mentions the ACME Bass Company, 'pioneers in the field of the free party' ...of which i was one of four founder members... does that make me semi-famous?

Do these count?..

My mum went to school with Roger Hunt who, she explained, used to play football a bit

I once told Gerald Kauffman to "get out of my way you dozy old git" as I rushed to make an aeroplane only to find he'd end up on the same flight sat in the seat behind me :blush:

Chrissie Hynde dug her elbows in and generally invaded my space trying to get a drink in a Rotterdam hotel bar. The bar tender (Albert, lovely chap) asked "don't you know who this is?" so I fixed her gaze and said "no" ^_^

David Beckham was behind me at airport security and thousands of people were waiting for a glimpse. Without speaking he kind of indicated, with a wink, that I should go first. The noise as I exited sort of went "wwwwaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa.... Oh". He pulled his beenie hat over his brow and a scarf over his face and sneaked out behind me.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I used to work next to a well known, former BBC Scotland news reporter who had left the world of TV and radio to re - train as a History Teacher. As you do....

We have family friends who lived opposite the late Rikki Fulton. You would actually look out the window and see him doing things around the house (imagine that!! :giggle:). As I remember, he had a white Westie or similar.

Apparently he was a bit of a grump and wasn't very nice to people.

Ummm.... I have seen numerous different sportsmen and woman, and I have met many 'Slebs', mainly at charity events, but there are too many to mention (or remember in fact).

Also I have said hello and/or shaken the hands of Royalty and Politicians, including Tony Bl*ir.xx(

The Queen once walked past me so closely that I could have punched her, but strangely enough, I didn't.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The most surreal was David Hasselhoff in Bali airport arrivals. He was directly behind me in the passport queue. Quite a kerfuffle, seems the Hoff is a big deal there

Met him and his wife(? the Welsh lady....who was very pleasant) at some fancy Balinese hotel where he was looking at creating a "Hoff's Hideaway" resort. We were looking at another property development project so we had a bit of a chat. He seemed a nice guy

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am also rather ashamed to admit this, seeing as I am not even a Catholic or anything, but when Cardinal Winning died and his body was publically lain in state, I went along purely out of curiosity to see it all, and also to see a dead person (I had never seen anyone dead before). :blush:

I felt so dirty I soon made a swift exit.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I worked as a wine waiter in a posh(ish)restaurant 30 years ago. David Washington the then Home Secretary was a regular visiter. Dennis Taylor when World Snooker Champ came in quite a lot as well as Russell Harty. The last two were quite witty and friendly but Dave was a bit pompous.

postman

Legendary Member
I used to deliver mail to the home of,Bobby Collins.Leeds United footballer.Corrine Bailey Rae used to go to a church i was at.She was not famous then.Les Dawson once pinched a phone off me and talked to my then girlfriend.She did not believe she had been speaking to him,i was painting said Leeds Grand Theatre.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I worked as a wine waiter in a posh(ish)restaurant 30 years ago. David Washington the then Home Secretary was a regular visiter. Dennis Taylor when World Snooker Champ came in quite a lot as well as Russell Harty. The last two were quite witty and friendly but Dave was a bit pompous.

He probably didn't like you calling him Mr Washington when his name was/is Waddington.

Looks like he is still with us and is a Burnley lad, so not so far from you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Waddington,_Baron_Waddington

Top Bottom