Famous/semi famous people you know/knew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have met loads of Celebs through working in Security in my youth, but I can't say I really know them or them me. My cousin was a presenter on Top Gear and I know Rick Wakeman pretty well though one of his keyboard playing sons. I also used to play hockey with and against many Olympians, but I am pretty sure if I named them nobody would have a clue who they were.

Smudge

Veteran
Met a few well known people when i was working summer seasons at holidays camps back in the 80's. Oliver Reed, Les Dawson, Nicholas Lyndhurst, Ray Reardon and prob a few other not so well known actors and band members.
I also got know the dwarf actor Kenny Baker well throughout one summer season in mid 80's, as he did a weekly cabaret act there all summer. He would often come out for a drink with us staff and he would always get well rat assed. He got so pissed at a beach party we had one evening, that he had to be carried up the cliff steps back to the camp and dumped in his chalet.

KneesUp

Guru
Someone I went to school with is now an MP (well, technically not at this exact moment because of the election, but was and I'm sure will be). I was good friends with people she was good friends with, so we knew each other, but I wouldn't say we were best mates. That's as close to famous / semi-famous as I get. Frankly everyone I've ever known would appear to be of no interest to the rest of the world. What a shower.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
2 actors born here. Occasionally meet them on a walk when they’re back home. Dennis Lawson and Ewan McGregor.

Oh, and I’ve occasionally met Mark Beaumont out for a run.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
There were quite a few over the years

She was the second one - Sue Baker.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I know the lead singer of The Fortunes pretty well. He lives next door to my late mother in laws house, which now belongs to my niece.
Lovely chap, always recognises me, remembers my name and has time for a chat. Last time I saw him was at my sister in laws funeral in June.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I used to work with the drummer of the Beautiful South (well one day a week) before he was in it. Also lived for a few months in a flat above one of the singers of said band, very polite and quiet

dodgy

We used to often see Andy McCluskey (OMD lead singeR) in our local pub. One time I was in there after arranging to meet a new work colleague for a pint, he had moved up from London and hadn't made any friends yet. The conversation turned to what he missed from London, and said something like "I love it that you can see so many famous people in London" etc etc. I stopped him and said "over your left shoulder is Andy McCluskey from OMD. Turns out my new mate was his biggest fan, nearly dropped his pint.

Another time I was in there and my wife goes up and says hi to Andy, he was with Paul Humphreys (also of OMD), I was too shy and preferred to stay cool at a nearby table. I didn't see my first pint for about 45 minutes until I plucked up the courage to go to the bar (which is where they were) and he bought me a pint.

Not seen him in there for a while, might have moved, but he's just a really down to earth bloke :becool:

Skibird

LOL! Had to think about this:
Me: Had a dance with Suggs (the Big guy out of Madness) when they did a gig at Bangor University years ago, and at the same place watched one of the singers from Amazulu (if that's how you spell it) fall off the stage, and again at the same place Gary Gitter, before he was found out. Had a meal in the same restaurant as George Michael many years ago in London and Alison Moyet walked past me in London, and a guy from the Bill was on the up escalator in a London dept store when I was on the down one lol. Samantha Fox opened our new nightclub in Bangor North Wales, which is still open, Henry Cooper (the boxer) did something (maybe opened it lol) in the Woolworths again in Bangor. I can't remember his name lol (maybe one of you can) but he was a Champion car Racer in the 60/70s I think, and lived locally in Buckinghamshire, where I was then living and I had to go to his home though work, where all I can remember is the amount of cars/garages he had. One of our friends lived next door to Liam Gallager and Meg, when they lived in the same village as us in Bucks, and had a party, and we could see in to Liam's garden from their upstairs, where Liam was learning to drive in his garden, which was very big lol. Steve from Coronation street was in the bar of a hotel in Watford I was staying in for work. Used to see a few TV drama stars locally in/around the Chalfonts where I lived as they used to/still do, film lot's of things in and around the village I lived in.
Hubby: Shane Burne (world superbikes) wanted hubby to build him a motorbike "special" like the one he had when he was younger, but he wanted everything for free, but after 18mths of waiting for these "free parts" to materialise, we had to ask him to come and pick his bike up, which he actually did himself with his son, he also raced against a lot of them including James Hayden, Casey Stoner and James Toseland to name a few and hubby's Dad raced against Barry Sheene. He completed building work the owner of DHL who sold the house to Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman, who visited whilst the work was going on.

Top Bottom