Fancy a new and free to enter challenge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Saw this the other day- it's an interesting concept- will hopefully give it a go one day, got a few other achievements to get under my belt first though.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Some quick maths reveals my local hill would take a hell of a long time to do this challenge:

114m gained, requires 77 ascents.
15mins avg to summit plus descend.
Total time not including breaks is 19hrs 15mins, so realistically a full 24hrs..

I think I'll pass on this one........:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

bpsmith

Veteran
If you look at the website, a few UK riders have done it and taken all but 24 hours to do. Very impressive charity event though!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Not a challenge for us, we live in Norfolk and don't have anything much in the way of hills. My regular 15 mile loop has a whopping 124 feet of climbing, it would take forever plus a bit to do the Everest challenge.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Not a challenge for us, we live in Norfolk and don't have anything much in the way of hills. My regular 15 mile loop has a whopping 124 feet of climbing, it would take forever plus a bit to do the Everest challenge.
Oh don't be so negative- to summit Everest on that route (not technically allowed but bare with) you'd need to complete it 235 times, this would only be 3525 miles and based on 15 miles per hour would be to 235 hours (obviously) which is just shy of 10 continuous days riding- get training!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh don't be so negative- to summit Everest on that route (not technically allowed but bare with) you'd need to complete it 235 times, this would only be 3525 miles and based on 15 miles per hour would be to 235 hours (obviously) which is just shy of 10 continuous days riding- get training!
I could do it over the course of a year :thumbsup:

Top Bottom