Fancy dress party themes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I went to one at a friend's - "come as a famous Chris" as his name is Chris. I was Chris Boardman and my other half was Chrissie Hind. Amazingly there was another couple the same. We also had Christ, Agatha Christie, several Chris Evert's, a couple of Chris Bonningtons. One bloke came dressed as his wife as she is on the telly and is called Chris.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I once went to a pirate themed party as a treasure map - got a blue sheet, folded it in half, stuck a cut out shape of green cloth on the front as an island, cut a head hole in the fold and wore it poncho style. Drew lots of little palm trees and mountains and things on it, and a treasure chest, with gold sequin doubloons, hidden under a flap of paper with an X on it.

Alas, the punch that night was strong, and by the end of the evening I was going round asking people if they would like to lift my flap and look at my treasure.;)

And I really should have checked just where the flap would lie when I put the outfit on.:biggrin:

As for themes, a letter can be a good one - come as something beginning with P or whatever - people can twist it to pretty much anything they like and it might encourage those who don't want to look too daft And all the explaining what you are and how you've wangled it to begin with P (or whatever) might be a good icebreaker...

Mr Phoebus

Arch said:
Alas, the punch that night was strong, and by the end of the evening I was going round asking people if they would like to lift my flap and look at my treasure.;)
Was there lots of....erm.....pearl necklaces?

walker

I've only ever been to a 'come as an 80's icon' party. I went as a poorly dressed George Michael.

But why not have a come as a famous sports star (Not good if you go to a CC party)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Seriously, do the Tube one......

It's good fun

High Barnet is easy, Mudchute a bit harder, and Cockfosters always goes down well, tin of fosters in one hand.........

ajevans

There's suggestions at work to have a theme for the christmas party. To be honest I really can't be ar5ed.

One of the main suggestions is a Bollywood theme. If a few of us turn up, blacked-up and speaking with a dodgy accent it will ensure that that never happens again!

My best mate always used to go dressed as a priest, not that he was religious but because he ALWAYS pulled!
He reckoned that he was 'trustable' in his disguise. More like a wolf in sheep's clothing! ;)

Top Bottom