Fantasy Dinner Guests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

St David of Attenborough - because he's seen & experienced so much of the natural world
Aubrey Manning - the combination of biology and geology as regards understanding the history of the world
Heinz Wolff - because he's what a mad scientist should be and he's fun and enthusiastic
Dalai Lama - for a different perspective on the world

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Ian Hislop
Louis Theroux
J S Bach
Martin Luther

Top two would be great fun at the dinner table, next two are very interesting in themselves – and no doubt would supply Louis Theroux with many opportunities to draw them out into saying interesting stuff.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'll stick with living people for now (the dead tend to be quite quiet and smell a bit). They'd have to be people who as well as being clever were interesting and sociable... could be any number of people really, but how about Bjork, Ursula Le Guin, David Suzuki, and Nelson Mandela for a start?

Arch

Married to Night Train
cookiemonster said:
Bruce Lee
Sir David Attenborough
Douglas Adams
Tony Benn

Swap Bruce Lee for...oh, I dunno, David Tennant for eye candy, and that would be just right I reckon...

stephec

Legendary Member
jimbob said:
Nigella Lawson,
Nigella Lawson,
Nigella Lawson,
Nigella Lawson,
and errmmmm, oh yes, Nigella Lawson.

Nigella just the once, and The Sugababes as the other three. :rolleyes::tongue::tongue:

Tetedelacourse

Michael Talbot
Martin Luther
Mohatma Gandhi
Eddy Merckxx

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
When people keep mentioning Martin Luther, do they really mean the dour C16th protestant pioneer, or do they actually mean the inspirational US black civil rights leader, Martin Luther King?

stephec

Legendary Member
stephec said:
Nigella just the once, and The Sugababes as the other three. :blush::tongue::tongue:

I've changed my mind, forget the new skinny one of the Sugababes, I'll have Kate Bush instead.

MMMMMMMMM!

Tetedelacourse

Flying_Monkey said:
When people keep mentioning Martin Luther, do they really mean the dour C16th protestant pioneer, or do they actually mean the inspirational US black civil rights leader, Martin Luther King?

I meant Martin Luther, the man responsible for the reformation of the Roman Catholic church. I mean WOW, has anyone in the Western world had a bigger impact? I'd ask him how he came to his point of view and what gave him the courage to protest against the largest organisation, nay:biggrin:, set of beliefs ever to have been held in Western culture!*;) OK reading that back it might sound a bit naff, but he'd get a pew at my soiree anyway.

If he turned out to be dour then I'd be happy to swap him for MLK between courses:biggrin:

*I wait to be corrected:tongue:

Top Bottom