Fantasy TdF 2022

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Had my first peek at the Cyclechat League today. Can't get it to format correctly but the link is here:
https://www.velogames.com/velogame/2022/leaguescores.php?league=85782559

A tight battle at the top between Steven Robinson (from Neighbours?) and tfc03! Gilly is first lady in 3rd

biking_fox

Guru
Having Haig (the first abandonment) and Roglic in my team is not a good start.... Fair play to Roglic putting his own dislocated shoulder back in and only dropping 2:30min but somehow I don't see him getting that time back.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My masterstroke of picking Taco van der Hoorn so very nearly paid off. But second place is not bad.

Unfortunately, WVA aside, all of my other riders are not exactly stellar.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just checked and double checked the rules and it seems you do not get ANY bonus points for one of your riders being punched in the face by a soigneur. None at all.

How is that fair?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm beginning to think that riders should court my selection of their rivals, given how reliably the people in my team seem to crash, suffer jours sans, and/or decide that this year's tour isn't a priority for them after all. Strong start with Jakobsen and Van Aert for me, but selecting Roglic as leader looks like a massive commitment of points for relatively little return.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm beginning to think that riders should court my selection of their rivals, given how reliably the people in my team seem to crash, suffer jours sans, and/or decide that this year's tour isn't a priority for them after all. Strong start with Jakobsen and Van Aert for me, but selecting Roglic as leader looks like a massive commitment of points for relatively little return.

I went for Rog too. It seemed a bit too easy to go for Pog. At least, that's what I thought at the time. I now realise that was a stupid way of thinking.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've just discovered that there are 9 riders with "van" in their surnames. That would make an interesting team, although I don't think the rules would allow you to select them. But theoretically at least ...
RiderPoints
Wout Van Aert
1477​
Dylan Van Baarle
210​
Taco Van Der Hoorn
220​
Mathieu Van Der Poel
199​
Nathan Van Hooydonck
128​
Guillaume Van Keirsbulck
6​
Brent Van Moer
2​
Danny Van Poppel
303​
Reinardt Janse van Rensburg
3​

That's 2548 points which would be 28th out of 30 in the CC league. I'll recalculate the score for "Van Drivers" at the end of the race.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Is the race today so tedious you've started another spreadsheet?

So maybe not the best team to choose. And, errr, 'interesting' is an unusual descriptor!

I used to figure out a "Best Possible Team" (so who could you have picked, within the rules, to score maximum points) and a "Value Team" (which riders could you pick for the lowest cost/highest score).

Top Bottom