Fao Arch and other knitted animal fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yesterday I found a reference to a web-site that sold knitted animals, that are fairly traded, using locally grown wool (in Kenya) and using traditional dyeing methods. Yes, quoth I, with enthusiasm, Arch might like to know about this, and any other devotees of knitted animals. OOOOppps, this morning I could not find the article.:biggrin:

But, I did a search for "knitted zebras" *('cos I remembered seeing said animal in the picture) and eventually found the following:

www.nicetoyshop.co.uk Please especially notice the baby elephant (should I now hide under my desk) and the Grannimals.
I particularly like Emile and Emilien, and Justin and Justine. They also sell "rag" dolls, which are described as being hand made by Kenana knitters.
Arch, you probably do not wish to purchase any of these, as your own creations are magnificent, but you might like the pictures to see how they have been created and knitted.

Any one else (not on Arch's waiting list) might like to see these.
Remember these are not just knitted animals, they are fairly-traded, using wool from locally growing animals, and using traditional dyeing methods.:blush:

* Special note to Dom Tyler:smile::smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cheers! Those are very cute. I've bookmarked that site - I suspect my little nephew may benefit from it at some point...:blush:

I hope my creations do double good, because they make the recipient smile, and I ask for a donation to Oxfam or similar for them.

I'm going to have to stop animals for a bit once I finish the current one, so as to knit some Christmas presents... But I have a mental list of people who've made suggestions...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Hey wait a minute, I'm on that list... ;)

Oh yeah.

Carry on. :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As I said elsewhere, I'm having a break from animals, while I knit for Christmas. Normal service will be resumbed ASAP...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Hey wait a minute, I'm on that list... :blush:

Oh yeah.

Carry on. :tongue:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As I said elsewhere, I'm having a break from animals, while I knit for Christmas. Normal service will be resumbed ASAP...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
(Arch, took a trip to local OXFAM shop this a.m., you inadvertantly got me out on my bike !!)

Excellent! Do I stipulate from now on that charity donations for animals should be made by bike in person the nearest Oxfam shop?

I hope while you were there you also bought a nice crimpoline blouse, a copy of Richard Adams' "Shardik" (all charity shops have one) and an old corporate event mug.;)

(Note, I do a huge amount of my shopping in charity shops - photo frames, books, clothes, kitchenwear etc. And there's the added lottery fun of whether there will be anything you want...)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
(Arch, took a trip to local OXFAM shop this a.m., you inadvertantly got me out on my bike !!)

Excellent! Do I stipulate from now on that charity donations for animals should be made by bike in person the nearest Oxfam shop?

I hope while you were there you also bought a nice crimpoline blouse, a copy of Richard Adams' "Shardik" (all charity shops have one) and an old corporate event mug.:blush:

(Note, I do a huge amount of my shopping in charity shops - photo frames, books, clothes, kitchenwear etc. And there's the added lottery fun of whether there will be anything you want...)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There's some guy lives near me (I know not who) who regularly takes his old Ben Sherman shirts to the charidee shop, for me to pick up for £3 or so! Thanks mystery guy! ;)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
There's some guy lives near me (I know not who) who regularly takes his old Ben Sherman shirts to the charidee shop, for me to pick up for £3 or so! Thanks mystery guy! :blush:

Top Bottom