Fashion advice for men over 25 years old...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Yes, Spring seems to have arrived at long last, Gentlemen, we may be thinking ahead to our warmer weather holiday attire. So here is my simple piece of fashion advice that I am dispensing to as many UK Men as possible.

Do any one of the following apply to you?

Over 25?
Over weight?
Over-haircutted (balding)?

If so, DO NOT under ANY circumstances think that 3/4 length trousers worn in combination with any kind of football top is a good look. If you do, and persist in wearing such attire, please don't go to Continental Europe for a Holiday.

I thank you.

What's wrong with 3/4 length trousers? My fella is all 3 of those (over 25, fat & bald), and although he hasn't actually got any 3/4 length trousers, I'd not be adverse to him wearing any. He hasn't got any football tops though. Should I ban any 3/4 length trousers on principle?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Plax said:
What's wrong with 3/4 length trousers? My fella is all 3 of those (over 25, fat & bald), and although he hasn't actually got any 3/4 length trousers, I'd not be adverse to him wearing any. He hasn't got any football tops though. Should I ban any 3/4 length trousers on principle?

Yes. It's the kindest thing to do....not just for him, for the rest of us.

Noodley

Rhythm Thief said:
What should one wear other than jeans? This is a serious question - I only ever wear scruffy Levis, even at work, and would sometimes like to wear something, er, cooler. But I know nothing of fashionable trousers.
I'm 36, if that helps.

Linen trousers. They are naturally crickled so you can chuck them on even when they have been dumped in a heap in the floor overnight, or stuck in a bag :wacko:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Rhythm Thief said:
What should one wear other than jeans? This is a serious question - I only ever wear scruffy Levis, even at work, and would sometimes like to wear something, er, cooler. But I know nothing of fashionable trousers.
I'm 36, if that helps.

Age or Waist? :wacko:

I agree with Noodley, Linen trews are Fab and always Chic. The Chino is classic too and comes in styles from very casual to very formal.
Then there is the man-at-millets/Rohan style baggies, light practical comfortable and very quick drying. All ankle length of course. :wacko:

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
Age or Waist? :wacko:

I agree with Noodley, Linen trews are Fab and always Chic. The Chino is classic too and comes in styles from very casual to very formal.
Then there is the man-at-millets/Rohan style baggies, light practical comfortable and very quick drying. All ankle length of course. :wacko:

You were doing so well until that point! xx(

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:
If so, DO NOT under ANY circumstances think that 3/4 length trousers worn in combination with any kind of football top is a good look. If you do, and persist in wearing such attire, please don't go to Continental Europe for a Holiday.

I thank you.

I was once wearing 3/4 length trousers on holiday in France, and little french drunk toothless tramp man got down on his knees and started going at my ankles, pretending to be a dog biting them. I was dancing around like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Football tops are cool as long as they match your skin tone.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Abitrary said:
I was once wearing 3/4 length trousers on holiday in France, and little french drunk toothless tramp man got down on his knees and started going at my ankles, pretending to be a dog biting them. I was dancing around like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Football tops are cool as long as they match your skin tone.

Football tops are only cool when it's:
The Italian National team shirt on an Italian beauty.
The Brazillian National team shirt on a Brazillian Beauty.

No other football tops should be seen other than at a football match or at your mates house watching the game with a crate of wife-beater and the curtains drawn. Personally I think Footie shirts should be culled, it's only humane.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Rhythm Thief said:
:biggrin:Actually, both now I think about it.:wacko:

Rohans, good idea. No offence Noodley, but I don't think I'm a linen trousers type of guy.xx(

Nah-na Nah na na...:wacko:

In fact just call me Gok Wan... in fact somebody called me that today... at least that's what I thought he said.

Noodley

Rhythm Thief said:
...I don't think I'm a linen trousers type of guy.:biggrin:

Listen to Noodley - you'll look fabulous dahling :wacko:

Seriously, I have a pair of black linen trousers and they are great. Very versatile - scubbing about, pub, (work), pub, scubbing about: I have a variety of hobbies as you can tell :wacko:
Cost me £9 - a bit much I'll admit but I'm getting my moneysworth xx(

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:
Football tops are only cool when it's:
The Italian National team shirt on an Italian beauty.
The Brazillian National team shirt on a Brazillian Beauty.

No other football tops should be seen other than at a football match or at your mates house watching the game with a crate of wife-beater and the curtains drawn. Personally I think Footie shirts should be culled, it's only humane.

Go down the west-end on a saturday night wearing a Man U top. See how many chicks you pull (or at least give you the eye).

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Abitrary said:
Go down the west-end on a saturday night wearing a Man U top. See how many chicks you pull (or at least give you the eye).
I'd rather skewer my eyes with chisels than wear a Man U top or any other footie top.

Top Bottom