Fashion advice for men over 25 years old...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

Fab Foodie said:
I'd rather skewer my eyes with chisels than wear a Man U top or any other footie top.

A mate once lent me a football top, a Man U away one, because that was he had, to avoid going out in my work shirt. And I seriously got loads of eye off of the birds. I felt like Richard Dawkins in David Beckham's body.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Abitrary said:
I mate once lent me a football top, a Man U away one, because that was he had, to avoid going out in my work shirt. And I seriously got loads of eye off of the birds. I felt like Richard Dawkins in David Beckham's body.
:wacko:

I'm sorry, I couldn't put-up with a bird who only wanted me for my football shirt, that's really shallow.

still, a shag's a shag I guess... I'm off to JJB sports...

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Rohan style baggies, light practical comfortable and very quick drying.
Rohans were done to death 25 years ago. Now they're just a sign that you have more money then sense: "Look! I've spent loads of money on cotton/polyester slacks!"

Or even worse: "Look I've been watching Ray Mears and can start fires by rubbing myself".

And why be enthusiastic about trousers being 'very quick drying'? Are you incontinent or something?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like men in NICE 3/4 trousers ... hubby has several ... but wouldn't wear them very often - generally linen mix ones not Chav ones (in my opinion and thats what counts!).

bobg

Über Member
OK fashion victims. is there an age beyond which a T shirt ( forgive me if they're not called that now) with any sort of logo is best avoided. I always put a cardigan over my " this machine kills fascists" top if I'm going somewhere special :blush:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Tim Bennet. said:
Rohans were done to death 25 years ago. Now they're just a sign that you have more money then sense: "Look! I've spent loads of money on cotton/polyester slacks!"

Or even worse: "Look I've been watching Ray Mears and can start fires by rubbing myself".

And why be enthusiastic about trousers being 'very quick drying'? Are you incontinent or something?

Well I spend a lot of time doing out-doorsy stuff, so compared to Jeans it's an advantage. In my defence, I did say Rohan style baggies. Being Man at Millets I get some other brand in the sales...:biggrin:
I did once have a Rohan Travel Suit though and it was absolutely brill.

BTW... love the word Slacks, it needs to get out more often :blush:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Okay, you've told us what NOT to wear, so what should a bloke aged 52, bald and slim be wearing if it's not GAP chinos and a polo shirt? There isn't a lot of choice. In summer I swop my chinos for traditional shorts and I would NEVER wear a football shirt.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Rigid Raider said:
Okay, you've told us what NOT to wear, so what should a bloke aged 52, bald and slim be wearing if it's not GAP chinos and a polo shirt? There isn't a lot of choice. In summer I swop my chinos for traditional shorts and I would NEVER wear a football shirt.

I'm afraid it's Blue Harbour at M&S...then before you know-it Beige will be your fave colour!
This is getting to the nub of the problem, Too old for Fat-Face, too young to die...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Brown jeans, blue check Ben Sherman, brown shoes with a line down the middle, tasteful brown v-neck jumper. That's me today, looking good and feeling fine B)

Globalti

Legendary Member
What about a tweed cap with check Viyella shirt, green wool tie, Pringle sweater, Barbour jacket, jumbo cords and brown brogues with steel segs then?

(Not me - someone I know. He lives in the Isle of Man)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Fnaar said:
Brown jeans, blue check Ben Sherman, brown shoes with a line down the middle, tasteful brown v-neck jumper. That's me today, looking good and feeling fine B)
You are a veritable sex-machine!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

bobg said:
OK fashion victims. is there an age beyond which a T shirt ( forgive me if they're not called that now) with any sort of logo is best avoided. I always put a cardigan over my " this machine kills fascists" top if I'm going somewhere special B)
Now this is a dilemma I often face...all my T-shirts have Logo's or are charity event cycle shirts. Problem is, a Cardigan doesn't completely cover the t-shirt design.... if I owned a Cardigan that is.

Top Bottom