Fat bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fixedfixer

Veteran
FatBike.jpg
Yes, love it on beach up here in Aberdeenshire.

screenman

Legendary Member
unless you live near sand or snow there isn't much point

I would disagree, I am not the owner of one but it may be on the list. My eldest has one amongst his colection and it has done more miles than his others bikes this year. Sometimes you get fed up with the same old same old.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I would disagree, I am not the owner of one but it may be on the list. My eldest has one amongst his colection and it has done more miles than his others bikes this year. Sometimes you get fed up with the same old same old.
X2 they are a ridiculous proposition, but sometimes you just have to say 'to hell with it!'

Lookalike they could be fun, are they any good at going up stairs? :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
X2 they are a ridiculous proposition, but sometimes you just have to say 'to hell with it!'

Lookalike they could be fun, are they any good at going up stairs? :whistle:

You can ride across a ploughed field, or you can have a good workout riding alongside a less fast rider on a road bike. They are, shall we say different, but this 60 year old has not said no yet.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

View attachment 150493 Yes, love it on beach up here in Aberdeenshire.
Nice bike , is it a pugsley , I test rode an ICE CREAM TRUCK and it was my choice really , but the bank said NO

fixedfixer

Veteran
Nice bike , is it a pugsley , I test rode an ICE CREAM TRUCK and it was my choice really , but the bank said NO
Charge Cooker. Great fun. Often bike a good few miles up the coast to Newburgh. Can be tricky if you get the tide wrong, Mr Trump doesn't like people nipping across his greens ^_^ despite right to roam :whistle:

Yea he is down this way , but not ridden with him , seen him on fat bike site, take it with a name like that he is pretty fast up hill

Who me?
Yep I'm on the other side of the water, I had the first Salsa to the UK back in 2010, I've had an On One Fatty and now I have this beast
26069708846_f7486e7423_c.jpg

If you're not as fast as you think I am, Ive a fat bike mate over your way who I could hook you up with (as he needs a kick up the arse to get him out on his fat bike from time to time ;-) )

We quite often get a few out and about for a beach ride locally as well.
28695185310_0e6a629cb9_c.jpg

Plenty of empty beaches to you to ride in the area
21562652292_d28d7c6fe9_c.jpg

Just remember to ALWAYS use dry lube for any riding on or near sand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

Who me?
Yep I'm on the other side of the water, I had the first Salsa to the UK back in 2010, I've had an On One Fatty and now I have this beast
26069708846_f7486e7423_c.jpg

If you're not as fast as you think I am, Ive a fat bike mate over your way who I could hook you up with (as he needs a kick up the arse to get him out on his fat bike from time to time ;-) )

We quite often get a few out and about for a beach ride locally as well.
28695185310_0e6a629cb9_c.jpg
Is that Barney , I have tried to get him out , think we are out on GFD, but he has not replied as yet.

Top Bottom