Fat bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Update - both bikes sold and fatty acquired, in the end I plumped for the On One Fatty Trail - reasoning being as this was going to be my one and only bike, I wanted a bit of a do it all - and boy, does this bike do it all!
All my preconceived ideas blown away in 4 rides so far - this thing climbs, where before I'd be doing the old 'slip/grip' on the Chief or Bird, now the same loose, gravelly, steep climbs that defeated me before I just stamp down and it pulls me up like an E-bike. It's not as quick obviously, but with the trail designed geom, it makes a bloody good job on singletrack too! I have never smiled so much on a bike in my life. Don't regret selling the other 2 one bit! And all for just over 1k!! well done On One - what a bike.
Anyway, couple of pics, I've added a Hope seat clamp with the integrated dropper cable tidy and today swapped the black rim tape for Surly clown shoe orange - very pleased how it looks as well as it rides. :becool:

View attachment 334749
View attachment 334750
View attachment 334751
View attachment 334752
That's lovely :wub:
The orange just finishes it off nicely :okay:
We hired fatties on holiday earlier this year (Norco Sasquatch and Specialized Fuse) :bicycle:
Magic fun to ride :wahhey:

I rode this last year ...superb bit of kit

Full-Fat-11.jpg

Motozulu

Über Member
It absolutely smashes the Cannock trails - don't even feel the roots and because of the hyooowwwge tyres and the slack geom, it flies down the descents! brilliant fun and as you say - watch out when it hits water! like a tsunami :laugh: Currently running tyre pressures at 9 front and 10 rear but feel I need to go a bit lower as it's still a tad 'bouncy'.

Can't wait for snow. Lonestar - fantastic photo's - that very first one I could look at that forever, Just the best fun I've ever had on a bike - I won't be going back to skinny - ever.

It absolutely smashes the Cannock trails - don't even feel the roots and because of the hyooowwwge tyres and the slack geom, it flies down the descents! brilliant fun and as you say - watch out when it hits water! like a tsunami :laugh: Currently running tyre pressures at 9 front and 10 rear but feel I need to go a bit lower as it's still a tad 'bouncy'.

Can't wait for snow. Lonestar - fantastic photo's - that very first one I could look at that forever, Just the best fun I've ever had on a bike - I won't be going back to skinny - ever.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for you. I tend to do blue route on mine over towards katyn memorial then back to cafe

Motozulu

Über Member
Mine is used as a full trail bike - exactly the same as the Bird or Chief - though we do have a run down to the caff at Katyn for a brew now and then (Riff Raff caff or Springslade caff to give it it's proper name), looking forward to the cheeky trails drying out a bit too as that is what we ride in the drier months. For now, having done the Dog and lower cliffs on the Fatty, it'll be the full Donkey next. The Bluto's are superb forks. I'll look out for you too. Which fatty have you got Triban?

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

I want Fat Bikes banned from this forum, twice today I have found myself looking at them for sale. I do not want to spend any more money along with there is not the space left on my bike wall.
You Defo need one . They change your riding for the better , a bit slower on fire roads etc etc , but come to life off road .

Top Bottom