Fat bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a few things planned over the next couple of weeks, next Fat Bike ride might be GFBD in North Wales and the bivi night ride before than on the Friday.
If you can't get Barney out or he cries off why not join us on Anglesey on Saturday the 3rd?

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

It's a massive journey for 12 miles.

OP
OP
Flyboy

Flyboy

How do these things perform on tarmac...are they sluggish compared to a standard MTB?

more importantly has anyone any experience of riding one on cobbles over a distance?
If you get your tyre pressure right they are good over cobbles , they are slower than a standard MTB on road but not horrendous.

How do these things perform on tarmac...are they sluggish compared to a standard MTB?

more importantly has anyone any experience of riding one on cobbles over a distance?

More smiles per miles than any other bike out there.
Yes they are a bit harder to work I run my 4.8" tyres on 100mm rims at just 6psi.
If will make you fitter and happier at the same time.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Rode mates fatbikes a few times, beyond my good summer steed it's the only bike I've ridden that puts a smile on my face each time.

*One is a Genesis Caribou the other a Norco (cant remember model)

Need one in my collection but it's behind a dedicated CX/gravel machine on my to purchase list

My LBS was hiring them out but I never got round to getting one for the day, mainly because, without lobbing it in the car, it's fairly limited what I can do around here over and above what I can't do on a normal mtn bike. They look fun though.

Motozulu

Über Member
Just seen this. Am about to take the plunge once both my bikes are sold - looking at summat in carbon, tbh - though yours looks a cracker Flyboy.

As I have decided to go down to one bike then a fatty with good slack geom is ideal - can still blast the trails in the summer and the cheekies of Cannock won't be a no go zone in the winter - win/win.

Motozulu

Über Member
Update - both bikes sold and fatty acquired, in the end I plumped for the On One Fatty Trail - reasoning being as this was going to be my one and only bike, I wanted a bit of a do it all - and boy, does this bike do it all!
All my preconceived ideas blown away in 4 rides so far - this thing climbs, where before I'd be doing the old 'slip/grip' on the Chief or Bird, now the same loose, gravelly, steep climbs that defeated me before I just stamp down and it pulls me up like an E-bike. It's not as quick obviously, but with the trail designed geom, it makes a bloody good job on singletrack too! I have never smiled so much on a bike in my life. Don't regret selling the other 2 one bit! And all for just over 1k!! well done On One - what a bike.
Anyway, couple of pics, I've added a Hope seat clamp with the integrated dropper cable tidy and today swapped the black rim tape for Surly clown shoe orange - very pleased how it looks as well as it rides. :becool:

f1xk0j.jpg

oji2jo.jpg

316m6h1.jpg

2qlcy8h.jpg

Top Bottom