Fat Burners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok following on from the other thread in this section I did a google search on the words "Fat burner"...it threw up a lot of products all claiming to be the best etc...

...I am seriously looking at using something like this to complenent my diet and exercise. I have lost weight since cycling but I need to get rid of more fat around my belly and upper torso and cycling just isnt shifting it fast enough.

BUT...I dont want to do anything dumb..or get ripped off...
so has anybody got any comments to make or experiences they can share? Which products work etc..

I know some peeps are going to say that i should avoid this stuff...but ...well the reality is that I cant do more exercise than i am and I cant eat any better than i am (no junk at all, no booze,just good food)...so I need a little 'help':smile:

Noodley

Could you do "different" exercise as well as cycling rather than concentrating on the one thing?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Yes I could...I had made noises about getting back into th eswimming pool, but it just doesnt 'do it' for me like the bike does. I do do sit ups each day. I need to avoid any impact exercise like running. Some of these products make a point of saying they remove belly fat and upper torso fat which is what interested me...'cos I thought...hmmm...I can do that while on the bike and avoid the need to swim up and down for days on end..

i would check the share price of the manufacturer before buying such products - only quick fix i know about is surgical removal - otherwise its just attrition - good calorie control with sustainable level of excercise

sounds like you are doing exactly whats right already - possibly purchasing patience pills might help

Noodley

I found going to the gym (I did not really enjoy it to begin with, but got into it once I had "switched on" to why I was there) of benefit when I wanted to lose weight. I found the cross trainer ski-machine thingy (maybe not the actual name :o) was very good as was the rower - neither were impact. Just 20 or 30 minutes total along with some stretching and sit-ups along with cycling seemed to do the trick. I don't know the technical side of things but the combination of exercising different muscles and eating sensibly seemed to do the trick. I also tried swimming, but like you found the up and down up and down a bit boring mind numbingly stupid. And every time I put my head under the water I'd hear "Jaws" music :biggrin::cry:

And "patience pills" are a good idea :biggrin::cry: That's the only pill-popping I would recommend.

col

Legendary Member
Lecithin is supposed to aid in breaking down fat for easier loss,but im not sure,it rings a bell though.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
A couple of guys at work took something called L-Carnatine Q10 or Xenedrine EFX and said it worked for them although one of them is still a somewhat corpulent chap.

domtyler

Über Member
Why do you NEED to lose fat quickly? Are you appearing on television, does your job demand it or have you entered a competitive event?

If you answer no to all these questions then I suggest you re-evaluate where you are going with this.

Edit: Did you put all your weight on over night? Is this why you expect to be able to lose it all over night?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I just want to lose weight asap thats all...aint a crime...

domtyler

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I just want to lose weight asap thats all...aint a crime...

I want it and I want it now or I'll scream and scream and scream! :ohmy:

Really BTFB, just learn a little patience, concentrate on changing your lifestyle for the better long term and the weight will go on it's own. How long have you been in this program for?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think you are misunderstanding me...I just want to do what i can to reduce the weight. I am doing 20 miles+ each day and 50miles+ on weekends, eating sensibly and not eating anything 'Bad'. I have lost a reasonable amount (3 stone since Christmas), but like I said it is extremely hard to shift it from the upper body by cycling. I dont see that a little 'alternative' help could do any harm, I mean I'm not going to be taking any chemical stuff or drugs or anything, just a natural product of some kind....what harm can it do? As for how long I have been in this programme for, well let's see...I got my bike in May I think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not all fat loss you'll see - the internal fat is usually the first to go, and the belly is about last especially for blokes - I've lost two stone since June, but could still lose a bit off the tum, but I'm fast falling to 12 stone which is a little under the 12.5 where I was aiming. I'm doing 15-16 miles daily -

How about upping the effort - and burn more calories.

Most of my commute is done way above the fat burn pace - pushing anerobic levels, but the additional effort has lost the weight for me and it's still coming off, all be it much more slowly now - if you have any hills, attack them harder.

Just keep at it - some of the suplements aren't good for you at all, natural or not. Three stone is a great loss, but it will come off as you also increase fitness.

domtyler

Über Member
Okay, now we are getting somewhere. So, in 10 months you have lost 3 stone in weight coupled with probably adding a stone in lean muscle mass (total guestimate for the purposes of this thread.) That would add up to 4 stone loss of fat. 4*14=56. You have lost 56 pounds of fat in 10 months, or 5.6 pounds per month or (5.6*12)/52=1.29, over a pound of fat per week for the past 10 months. And you want to increase this rate of fat loss? I will tell you categorically that you are crazy. Anyone will tell you that this is already a healthy and sustainable rate, if you go on crash diets you WILL make yourself ill. For gods sake man just carry on doing what you are doing.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I will try to 'up the pace' on my loops. I suppos eit is true to say that i have reached a point where those loops (which were once almost impossible for me) have become easy as my fitness improoves. I am however just happy that i havent given up as the weather heads towards winter.
Patiance is cool and i understand where you guys are coming from...however I know myself and know that it will be all to easy for me to lapse back intot he old ways if I dont continue to see the benefits/rewards of all this pedalling...some of this is Physco illogical I suppose:biggrin:

My legs are pretty fit and slim these days, but it's just the top half I need to see reducing...especially in these tights I look like a heavyweight version of max wall:ohmy::biggrin:

Top Bottom