fat git cycle clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clownfishrob

Ok I'm fat I admit it but can anybody point me in the direction of a company that sells cycling kit for fat folk.

40 inch waist
48 inch chest size type fat

jay clock

Massive member
I may have a couple of pairs of leggings/bib pant type items that might be ok. There were always big, and now I have lost weight they are much too big. Cheaper end of the Decathlon range.

I was about 16st+ 5.10 and waist officially 36 ish but prob 38! Chest about 46 at worst.

How tall are you?

If interested, PM me and we can see if they suit. I am not looking for much for them

jay clock

Massive member
just tried them with pillow stuffed down!! They should be ideal. One pair has braces (bib style) and has stirrups, the other has a normal waistband and no stirrups. Both have fleece lining and a cheap pad. Would be ideal with decent quality shorts underneath

PM me if interested and we can do a deal. Am always sympathetic to anyone in Colchester as my family came from there....

Tony

I have no problem.....54" chest, 40" waist. I use Endura and Altura for tops, and Northwave and Ozzo (Mike Dyason) for shorts.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
clownfishrob said:
Ok I'm fat I admit it but can anybody point me in the direction of a company that sells cycling kit for fat folk.

40 inch waist
48 inch chest size type fat

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/

Not tried anything from the company but I'm tempted by their bib shorts

RussellEngland

Forgive me for asking the obvious... I have a bit of extra padding myself and don't like tight clothing. So was just going to wear walking trousers and tops for touring, maybe with cycle shorts for underwear. Just wondered what were the advantages of cycle clothing?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
RussellEngland said:
Forgive me for asking the obvious... I have a bit of extra padding myself and don't like tight clothing. So was just going to wear walking trousers and tops for touring, maybe with cycle shorts for underwear. Just wondered what were the advantages of cycle clothing?

I normally ear wicking cycle tops which help to keep you dry and warm. I've bought some padded bib 3/4 and bib shorts and have found that the padding makes the use of creams and unguents on one's nether regions necssary. I idn't bother when riding in ceap canvas shorts purchased from a fat git shop along with some of M&S underpants.

In winter i wear cheap tracksuit bottoms to keep my legs warm.

I have been pleasantly surprise at how few layers I hav ehad to wear to stay warm in winter using cycle specific tops. I've also bee impressed with the warms of the bib 3/4 duiring this spring. Nothing to get caught in the chain as a bonus.

andym

Über Member
RussellEngland said:

None particularly (apart from chammies - make sure you get good-quality liner shorts with a properly -shaped liner). Some people find it useful to have pockets on the backs of their shirts (obviously this doesn't apply so much if you have pockets in your shorts/trousers).

Avoid cotton though as it doesn't dry quickly if it gets wet and sweaty. Convertible walking trousers are a good plan.

Cromcruaich

I just wore walking gear for the bike all the same stuff bar the lycra. Easy enough to get in those sizes. Personally I wouldn't dream of sticking on a load of figure hugging lycra gear, i wouldnt want to be help responsible for the mental scars it could cause.

Top Bottom