Fat lady on an electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Yes @Pale Rider they do seemto be better than the run of the mill budget bikes.

Ideally I'd like a Nexus hub just for compactness and keeping clean etc.
Shame that Wisper stopped doing them.

I see that Batribike do a folder, a very low step through with hub gears.

My better half has a Batritrike and I am quite impressed with the quality and build.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yes @Pale Rider they do seemto be better than the run of the mill budget bikes.

Ideally I'd like a Nexus hub just for compactness and keeping clean etc.
Shame that Wisper stopped doing them.

I see that Batribike do a folder, a very low step through with hub gears.

My better half has a Batritrike and I am quite impressed with the quality and build.

Contact David at Wisper. He might be able to find one for you. Ebikes direct might have one. I suggest you try them as well.

Salar

A fish out of water
Thanks,

My better half has a Nexus hub on her electric trike (rides a trike due to a bad leg accident a few years ago) and I can certainly see the advantages of hub gears, even more so on a folder.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Worth having a word with David at Wisper as the Dragon says.

I've no experience of Batribikes, but they've been around a while and look decent on the website.

You won't see that many budget hub gear bikes because most makers prefer to fit a rear motor.

There are more hub gear bikes with crank drives, but they are usually more expensive.

Salar

A fish out of water
Spoke to Dave,

Wisper have discontinued hub gears to stop front wheel spin with a front motor.

From what I read the Batribke folder has a soft start motor control to reduce any spin.

Batribikes are now assembled in Europe and not China, not sure if makes any difference.

OP
OP
Helenbells

Helenbells

As the OP, I have not been out on the bikes for some time. Family illness and caring duties prevented my being in the same place as bikes.
However we cycled along the Bristol and Bath Cycleway near Mangotsfield and Bitton.
Very pleased to report that both the legs, knees and bumpsadaisy survived three consecutive days.
There were many users on the path, mostly pensioners like ourselves, some with electric bikes too.
Lots of children out with dad, who obviously used the path regularly.

tom73

Guru
Good for you just go and enjoy being on two wheels and seeing what's around you and finding new things. If electric bikes get people out and about who maybe feel having a bike is not for them long may they continue. My neighbour has one users it when on holiday in his mother home. He was a cyclist and a full on all out one years ago but health mean's electric is better so he can once again enjoy being on a bike.

Leisure and riding just for the love of can sit along side the more sporty stuff I for one are happy to do both.
Can see why some may find it a pain being over taken by one and why posting e-rides online and passing off your ride time's ect as your own is a bit poor form.

But in the end if more turn to 2 wheel who never would be seen on a bike then let's have more. Even if they still don't get it but it make's one of them be more nicer the next time they pass one of us by then it has to be good thing.

Attitudes don't form over night so they won't change that quick either so the more ways we have to get things to move more towards cycling as somthing that's normal and really is open to all then let's have less negative thought's from the converted it's not us that need converting.

Still using our Bromptons as a result of the continuing nightmare which is Stormont and the trousering of wages without actually earning it.
E-bikes are sorely missed as we are aging faster then they are now.
Car being used to transport the folders but better than sitting at home while the politicians prepare to extend the holidays they have been on for 18 months now.

Rockn Robin

Electric bikes are great, come the day my legs don't get me up them hills, i shall be getting one.:okay:

I'm afraid that day has since arrived for me. Even little hills have become a bit of a bother. A little assistance from an electric motor is what I need now to replace the grimace on my fizzog with a smile. I'm now searching out one for my Brommie.

D

Deleted member 26715

First time out this year, just round the park and roads back home.
Good for you, my wife still hasn't ridden the one I bought her in Oct 2018, she hasn't the confidence to get on it & has a slight seat, belly handlebar issue.

Good for you, my wife still hasn't ridden the one I bought her in Oct 2018, she hasn't the confidence to get on it & has a slight seat, belly handlebar issue.
Yeah - tell me about it

bought my wife an ebike - I occasionally take it out for a ride because I feel sorry for it
Nice folder actually

Somehow I need to convince her that buying an ebike and a pair of trainers doesn't induce weight loss and an increase in fitness - you actually need to use them

CXRAndy

Guru
My wife was given an ebike built by me last summer. Fortunately for me, she really likes it. We ride to the local pubs for a quick half. Furthest pub so far, 24 mile round trip. Give her the incentive of liquid refreshments:okay:

Top Bottom