Fat legs!!! Im a newbie!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Terramona

I tried slimming world once. Hated it!!! I hat measuring everything out! I just want to eat it!!!

Eat healthy 90% of the time, and exercise loads is what I say :-)

Weight is going down now, but VVVV Slowly!!!

Holiday in less than three weeks, so have to get toned up!!

Bigtallfatbloke

I was the only bloke desperate enough to go to weight watchers in my area . I hated it...nothing but a menopausal mums coffee morning and abuse session for £5 a go. Totally not for me.
I tried diets, and going to the gym etc...even got back into swimming and stuff...which is when I did lose some weight...then that all fell by the wayside and the Lbs piled back on....then I got on my bike...if I lose 2 more stone I will be back at the weight I was when i was 17 years old.

OP
OP
T

Terramona

well, Ive yet to see any results from the bike!! Im eating healthy, 5 fruits and veg a day, wholegrains, not too much fat, plenty of proten,

and all thats happened is that my farts stink now!!!

Oh, and Im getting a "podge"!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
Terramona said:
well, Ive yet to see any results from the bike!! Im eating healthy, 5 fruits and veg a day, wholegrains, not too much fat, plenty of proten,

and all thats happened is that my farts stink now!!!

Oh, and Im getting a "podge"!!!!

TMI

;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Terramona said:
I tried slimming world once. Hated it!!! I hat measuring everything out! I just want to eat it!!!

Eat healthy 90% of the time, and exercise loads is what I say :-)

Weight is going down now, but VVVV Slowly!!!

Holiday in less than three weeks, so have to get toned up!!

i remember reading somewhere that some new research more or less found that dieting is not a particularly good way for women to lose weight, but that exercise was.

chuck the scales away. if you're riding, enjoying it, and in the process looking and feeling fitter, who cares what the damn things say.

welcome aboard by the way :angry:

Hi Terramona

Love the avatar - I guess that is one of your own designs?

Welcome to the forum. Cycling is a great way to lose weight, but as you're finding out, it's not straightforward. Don't obsess too much with the scales. Your body is changing shape and composition because of the new demands you're placing on it. Just go by measurements, how you feel, and how your clothes fit.

OP
OP
T

Terramona

Dayvo said:
Or, alternatively, just get a bigger bikini, or burkha! :becool:

Not an option Im afraid!!! Im starting slimfast as soon as I get to sainsburys!!! 2 weeks should shed the 6lbs that tip me over the edge of feeling comfortable!!! :biggrin:

Twenty Inch - Its an avatar I piced from the selection list on this forum!!! but If you want to see some of my designs go see my website :-) There should be more work on there soon :ohmy:

alecstilleyedye- where did you find this research?! I want to see it!!!:smile:

Dayvo - no they didnt, they were just really loud!! now theyre silent but deadly!!!

Plax

Guru
LOL, this thread is quite amusing in places.
I have never dieted or bothered with scales. I tell if I'm getting podgy by how my clothes feel.
I have been cycling since October and it is only recently that I have noticed any particular "weight loss". My trousers and bra straps feel looser, for example. So I went on the scales and sure enough, I actually have lost some weight.
Remember; Calories in = Calories out. Anything consistently over or below will result in an increase or decrease in weight.

OP
OP
T

Terramona

Plax - I love your avatar!! ;-)

Im still fat btw, and 1 week to go till the hols!!

Mad thought last night, ~I had my wisdom teeth taken our in March, and lost nearly 10 pounds becasue I couldnt eat!!! Of course, I put it all back on, so Im going to go back to eating what I ate when I couldnt eat! - mash potato, spagetti hoops and milkshake!!!

oh and lots of water!!

Stupid I know, but Im young, Im allowed to be stupid!!!

Oh, and yes, Domtyler my farts did smell of roses before!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Keep the faith and you'll get there. As long as you keep active you can have treats, you just need to cut them out until you lose the weight. I was 17st in April. This morning I was 15st 3lb

betty swollocks

large member
Throw the scales away: now! You should be looking at your body fat percentage, not your weight.
You cannot change fat into muscle, but you can lose body fat and increase lean mass at the same time, thus gaining weight and going down a dress size or sizes, if you exercise and eat (won't say 'diet') correctly.
You cannot spot reduce body fat, it comes off from all over, but you can train specific muscle groups.

Top Bottom